Problems with Material and Texture in cryengine 5.5

Hello And i got issue that i bin trying to solve over 1 week by now i'm new at Cryengine and i had figured some things out but i keep getting stuck on this problem everytime i wanna change the Terrain texture it asks for material when i make material with exacle the same texture it comes with white painting color or something and i'm just so confused i feel on other way just removing cryengine 5.5 and trying installing cryengine 5.4 trying if it works there but i gotta sadly wait till 15 may because im using 3G data internet so i'm trying to sort the problem out if anyone has idea what exacle problem is there is also a pictures i rly would be thankfull for the help
Attachments
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (27.41 KiB) Viewed 661 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (83.12 KiB) Viewed 661 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (169.39 KiB) Viewed 661 times

Re: Problems with Material and Texture in cryengine 5.5

Hi there,

In the terrain layer properties, set the texture to Grey, there is a default engine asset you can use for this (EngineAssets\Textures\defaults\16_grey.dds)
Also set the Smoothness of your texture to 0 to test.

After you click paint in the terrain layers window, if you are using 5.5p1, uncheck the "Mask by Slope Angle and Altitude" box.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hello Sir and i did that but my question and issue is how to change the texture on the ground so i can use something else like road material there is plenty of them and i got one but i cant changed i'm giving up on trying using 5.5 preview version idk if is cuz of that or my texture ain't working i just can't figure out i transform it into tff file then later he turns it into dds what should i do to change the texture unless if is some kinda bug on this engine then i will change to 5.4 if is because of the texture may i send the picture at least so you guys can make it propperly for me thanks a lot :)

This is all you should need to do to change the terrain texture:

Create a new Terrain Layer in the Terrain Layer panel.
Create a new terrain material using the Material Editor (Legacy).
Assign the terrain material to the terrain layer.
Paint on the terrain using the new terrain layer. (5.5p1 requires Mask by Altitude and Slope to be UNchecked).

Step by Step;
1. Click Tools->Terrain Editor
2. Click the Paint button at the top of the Terrain Editor panel.
3. Right click Layers->Create Layer at the top of the Terrain Editor panel.
4. Click Tools->Material Editor (Legacy).
5. Create a new material using the Add New Item button.
6. Set the Shader to Terrain.Layer.
7. Set the Diffuse texture to the texture you wish to use.
8. Save the material
9. In the Terrain Editor panel at the bottom, click the folder icon next to the material dialog.
10. Select your material that you just created.
11. Click the Paint button near the bottom of the Terrain Editor Panel
12. Begin painting. (5.5p1 requires Mask by Altitude and Slope to be UNchecked).

You should keep the texture set in the Terrain Editor window as white.dds, or you could try a flat grey texture also.
You could also try setting the Filter Color in the Terrain Editor panel to a light grey also.

If you still have issues, providing the an asset that we can reproduce this issue on our end would be great, as we will need to be able to reproduce the problem to be able to fix if it is a bug.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin