Re: Problem with terrain textures in cryengine 5.5

I have been having a similar issue i'm hoping someone can help with,

I am able to paint the texture on the terrain and flood the layer, but since update 5.5(Preview) The Min and Max height Values do not work or make a difference. thus when flooding a layer, I only see one texture.

Is there any fix for this? I have tried all settings in this thread without success.

i cant paint terrain textures i dont know why, i do everything that i was doing on earlier versions and doesn't work
someone can help me? thanks by the way
I had the same issue since install, until someone in the forums mentioned that it will work if in terrain editor, under paint, you uncheck the 2nd box 'Mask by Altitude'. Hopefully this works for you.
Last edited by Informed_Critic on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have been having a similar issue i'm hoping someone can help with,

I am able to paint the texture on the terrain and flood the layer, but since update 5.5(Preview) The Min and Max height Values do not work or make a difference. thus when flooding a layer, I only see one texture.

Is there any fix for this? I have tried all settings in this thread without success.
I am having the same issue, but it seems no one of the devs or forum users has an answer... Which means, with 5.5, this guide is no longer viable https://www.cryengine.com/tutorials/pro ... n-creation. I most certainly shudder at the prospect of painting manually the entire beach of my huge map at the water mark, separate from the rest of the terrain. We need to be able to flood the entire map with a single click based on selected height of the individual layer.

All layers being affected when a single layer is selected is where the issue needs addressing.

If you had the previous version of the GameSDK sample you may still have the folder.

Check the CRYENGINE launcher folder for the older version of the project:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\gamesdk_5.4

Failing that the only real difference would be the binary and leve file that ships with the sample project.
If this is still a problem, you could request the binary and level file for the older version via contact[at]cryengine.com.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin