Tank

Hi!
I want to create a new tank, but i have a problem.
I am a little bit confused about the treads export.
In the sample assets are two treads: "cryexportnode_tread_left" and "tread_left_root". also in the old sample assets there are 3 treads: "SkinData_tread_left" , "tread_left" and "tread_left_root".
I attach images here:
New sample assets:

and from the old assets:

So why do you guys make this so complicated ?
Not everyone is an expert.
Now my question is: which one of the files should i export as an tread.chr ?

And i have one more question: Why in the cryengine 5.xx the abrams treads does not move ?
It is a engine issue, or what ?
If i export a new tank model i will have the same results, i mean static treads ?

Re: Tank

He he...
I will need to learn first how to use discordapp :)
First time i heard of this ...

The worst thing is that I wasted so much time modeling the tank. and now I'm stuck in this little thing.
I do not understand why the people of crytek, did not put those helpers properly, if they still wanted to help us !?
In the exported model there are only two tread files, one left and one right.
Why there are more here: either they are not properly assembled, or one or two of them are useless.
I'm confused and stuck ...

So, no new tanks allowed in new cryengine ?
Crytek, why do you have the impression that everyone knows, what do you know?
It is a small thing that does not let me go on with my project.
Please tell me what is it with those trades, how should they be exported, is that difficult?
I know how to export them, but I do not know which one, so that it works correctly.
And I don't understand why there are two or three, since only one has to be exported.
Then what is the purpose of the others?

skindata_tread_left
skindata_tread_right
tread_left
tread_left_root
tread_right
tread_right_root

Probably one of them must be attached to the hull, but which one?
Should I guess?

Here's the explanation why this engine is not so popular:
You're in trouble, and no one is helping you.
You need information and no one gives it to you.
Probably if I asked this question on the Unreal forum, someone would have already helped me, even if it was a Cryengine issue.

Hey adrianduru,
as mentioned before this question is most likely about a specific setup for animation. Therefore, if you wish to receive an answer quickly,
we would recommend you join our Discord community and ask in Animation channel.

Also, it would be great if you specify the version you are using. For example in 5.6.5 the treads are moving as are other parts for the Abrams tank in GameSDK.

The tread chrs are exported separately there a different skeleton.
and linked to the tank in the xml

Code: Select all

<Part name="leftTread" class="Tread" component="leftTread"> <Tread filename="objects/vehicles/abrams/tread_left.chr" materialName="track" uvSpeedMultiplier="-1.26"/> </Part> <Part name="rightTread" class="Tread" component="rightTread"> <Tread filename="objects/vehicles/abrams/tread_right.chr" materialName="track" uvSpeedMultiplier="-1.26"/> </Part>
or you can use the vehicle editor .

Good look mate.

The tread chrs are exported separately there a different skeleton.
and linked to the tank in the xml

Code: Select all

<Part name="leftTread" class="Tread" component="leftTread"> <Tread filename="objects/vehicles/abrams/tread_left.chr" materialName="track" uvSpeedMultiplier="-1.26"/> </Part> <Part name="rightTread" class="Tread" component="rightTread"> <Tread filename="objects/vehicles/abrams/tread_right.chr" materialName="track" uvSpeedMultiplier="-1.26"/> </Part>
or you can use the vehicle editor .

Good look mate.
Hey man, I already knew that.
What I didn't know is: which of them should be exported.
Now I have seen from your pictures that tread_left_root and tread_right_root are the ones to be exported.
But what about the other two, namely the skinned_data_tread and tread_left and tread_right which actually represents geometry?
What is their purpose?
These, for a person who does not know exactly how it works, are confusing.

Default in the sample assets file, the tread left and right root, is just a dummy with the bones attached by it.
Geometry is separate as "tread_left" and "tread_right"
There are only two files in the abrams folder: tread_left and tread_right.
If I only export that dummy, where is the geometry?
Is it very confusing?

If I don't ask too much you could show me exactly a picture of 3ds max, how is the tree composed?
Here is what i have: