Re: CRYENGINE Art Thread

Hey guys, I want to showcase a environment I'm working on currently, I think I'm slowly getting there. All megascans surfaces, atlases and models. Unless a few props are from the marketplace. Trees are a combination of Speedtree and Maya. Rendered in CryEngine 5.5 with GI/SVOTI and raytraced volumetric fog..

There are still a few areas where I'm undecided, so I'ld be happy about your feedback.
Image Image Image
I can´t see your pictures :(

@ruckarucka - Do you have any suggestions, links or getting started guides for using speedtree / importing into cryengine? Speedtree 8 claims that it is unable to import into Cryengine (but it can for lumberyard?)... did you instead export the meshes as FBX files and then later import the FBX model into cryengine manually and them up as trees? What was your workflow like?

Also your level looks fantastic!

@ruckarucka - Do you have any suggestions, links or getting started guides for using speedtree / importing into cryengine? Speedtree 8 claims that it is unable to import into Cryengine (but it can for lumberyard?)... did you instead export the meshes as FBX files and then later import the FBX model into cryengine manually and them up as trees? What was your workflow like?

Also your level looks fantastic!
License doesnt allow for that. The CGF files generated by Speedtree for Lumberyard is not compatible with CRYENGINE nor does it have an FBX export. You need to license Speedtree for Games.