Re: 3D Snow

Oh I recall, I saw such kinda Snow in Rise of the Tomb Rider game
I think except custom shader you will probably will need to generate some geometry for this feature
also, probably you'll need read about: RenderNodes, Render's pipline, Shaders and other related thing in Docs
probably such kinda effect it's just slightly adjustment for normalmap from frame's GBuffer, with Depth offset, but I not for sure

Im working on this for one of my games in Production, although I cant say much now, in the future once we get the Dev Vlogs up, we might be able to show ways how we did this.

Future as in Maybe a year or so.

Only need to make a shader to handle the job, so no CRYENGINE is not useless for it. It's up to the dev team handling the task.
You say so (just need to write a shader) and who will do it? Someone from the community will not lose time on this when you can simply work in more flexible engines UE4. And Crytek are not interested in modifying shaders, therefore their editor of materials has not been developed for almost 10 years.

Only need to make a shader to handle the job, so no CRYENGINE is not useless for it. It's up to the dev team handling the task.
You say so (just need to write a shader) and who will do it? Someone from the community will not lose time on this when you can simply work in more flexible engines UE4. And Crytek are not interested in modifying shaders, therefore their editor of materials has not been developed for almost 10 years.
The Game Studio thats making the game does the shaders not Crytek. Why would the game studio spend money and release it for free? The studio will want to have stuff thats exclusive to their game and not where everyone took it and did nothing to edit it.

The Game Studio thats making the game does the shaders not Crytek. Why would the game studio spend money and release it for free? The studio will want to have stuff thats exclusive to their game and not where everyone took it and did nothing to edit it.
In UE4 you do not need to write shaders, hire people to write a shader. The material editor allows you to implement any idea. And what can a material editor in Cryengine?