Re: for fans of the crysis series, make sure you like this idea

well cry-nic suggested i post the idea on the ideas page...so that's a small bit of hope.

and frankly all the cryengine games i've played so far have been less than stella, ghost warrior 2 & 3 were disappointing with boring empty maps, evolve was just really repetitive with the voice overs and monster hunting also lacked replay value, warface is pay to win and has no single player at all and looks and plays like a cod game, doesn't even look like it runs on cryengine.

things the crysis games had going for them was the rich amount of details, objects and textures on the levels, eveyrthing looked professsional was / is a joy to play through, sure 2 & 3 weren't the best of the series, but they are still fun to replay, it's just a shame crytek started limiting modding after crysis.

crysis - full modding
crysis wars - full modding
crysis warhead - no modding, no cry files included for sp maps and some encrypted paks
crysis 2 - some modding but no cry files included for mp maps and dlc maps and encrypted paks
crysis 3 - no modding, no cry files included for sp or mp maps and dlc maps and encrypted paks

bump, come on people, there must be other players / fans of the crysis series that would love to be able to *mod warhead, *c2 & c3.

*c2 is moddable but it's limited unlike crysis 1. (locked console and no mp map modding because of lame cheating etc excuses, which is redundent now that mp is dead, same goes for c3)

wouldn't be asking if crytek had released the games unlocked / unencrpyted in the first place...all it did was pee off pc gamers. crysis was always about being an awesome game with an awesome modding community.

i really don't get why crytek can't spare a little bit of time / effort and release some content files for full modding, they seem to have plenty of time to keep updating the engine and warface.

It takes resources that could better be devoted to managing other assets like CE5 and active titles, i.e Warface.
why not do a bundle of the crysis 2 and 3 assets.
Wouldn't make financial sense, licensing/piracy issues, etc

This issue has been discussed here for almost a decade, beginning with Crysis Warhead. Despite your stance on the issue, it is something that is extraordinarily unlikely to change at this point, and hardly worth debating.