The gloss map isn't working at all

For some reason I can't get my gloss map to work in the engine. I tried placing it in the normal's alpha channel, then inside the specular map's alpha channel, but neither worked. I can adjust the smoothness level with the slider but I can't see my actual gloss map taking effect (I'm supposed to see some "stains" with my gloss map but I'm just getting plain smoothness). Everything was exported properly with the crytif plugin (It's not a requirement anymore but I just wanted to make sure anyway). How can I fix this?

Re: The gloss map isn't working at all

For some reason I can't get my gloss map to work in the engine. I tried placing it in the normal's alpha channel, then inside the specular map's alpha channel, but neither worked. I can adjust the smoothness level with the slider but I can't see my actual gloss map taking effect (I'm supposed to see some "stains" with my gloss map but I'm just getting plain smoothness). Everything was exported properly with the crytif plugin (It's not a requirement anymore but I just wanted to make sure anyway). How can I fix this?
Hi fredinanddemedicis,
I presume you have crancked up the smoothness slider to it's maximum (255), right? If so try to do so. If not I'd suggest saving the texture and restarting Sandbox or compile it with compiler (depending on what version of CE you are using). I've encountered similar issues myself few times and recompiling textures helped and once rebooting Sandbox.
GorbashGaming - Beginner Tutorials for CE https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIjN10 ... Img/videos