Re: [VIDEOTUT] Import basic 2D/3D audio into CryEngine

Wow I'm fed up with importing audio to sandbox and thanks you so much :P
you welcome man, when you understand the pipeline is very easy to import :)
Yes I have imported audio files for my game project according to your tutorial..Hey man what is the difference between 2D and 3D audio files? :shock: Is 3D audio files best than 2D audio files?
Thanks!
the difference between 2d and 3d is not the quality wich is the same but is how the audio is played in level the 3d audio it's used to determine the position of the player related to that sound so if you are in front of it you will hear it exaclty in front of you if you are on the left or right of the audiuo source you will hear the audio on you left/right speaker

you welcome man, when you understand the pipeline is very easy to import :)
Yes I have imported audio files for my game project according to your tutorial..Hey man what is the difference between 2D and 3D audio files? :shock: Is 3D audio files best than 2D audio files?
Thanks!
the difference between 2d and 3d is not the quality which is the same but is how the audio is played in level the 3d audio it's used to determine the position of the player related to that sound so if you are in front of it you will hear it exactly in front of you if you are on the left or right of the audio source you will hear the audio on you left/right speaker
:P I got it now.It just like stereo sounds.Should I only change it in the Wwise project as you showed?Are there any option related to the 3d audio in the sandbox?
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
Vishwajith Weerasinghe

Thanks!
the difference between 2d and 3d is not the quality which is the same but is how the audio is played in level the 3d audio it's used to determine the position of the player related to that sound so if you are in front of it you will hear it exactly in front of you if you are on the left or right of the audio source you will hear the audio on you left/right speaker
:P I got it now.It just like stereo sounds.Should I only change it in the Wwise project as you showed?Are there any option related to the 3d audio in the sandbox?
Thank you so much for your quick reply.
wwise setup is enough :)