UDIMs In Cryengine

Hello my friends I am having trouble getting my mesh's materials setup in Cryengine I import my mesh as an fbx with 2 UV sets however I can't seem to figure out how to setup my material to apply 2 materials to my mesh thank you for any help!
Attachments
Screenshot (102).png
What I have so far
Screenshot (102).png (737.45 KiB) Viewed 265 times

Re: UDIMs In Cryengine

If you have set multiple MatID's then you can create a multi-material.

Go to the Material Editor (Legacy) and on the left hand menu (tree-view), right-click and "add new multi material".
After this you can right-click the new material and choose "Set number of sub-materials" and pick 2.
Then you can setup the materials separately and apply this whole multi material to your object.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Thank you for the reply! This clears up a little bit of my problem however I don't understand what MatID's are and how to apply them to my mesh there dosn't appear to be any documentation on this either could you explain this? And what I need to do?
Thank you for your time and help!

This depends on which DCC application you are using to create your mesh.
You will need to consult your DCC applications documentation on setting up multi materials, some need a specific setup, whereas others can simply create multiple materials and apply them to different parts of the mesh.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

No Problem, though it looks like CRYENGINE already found the multiple materials in your model.
In the first screenshot, you assign the sub material id's to each material.

In the second, you have the multi material already setup. I'm not sure how your model is setup and that could cause issues depending how you have setup your materials in your DCC app.
Can you show a screenshot of your generated material in the Legacy Material Editor, the new material editor is known to have some issues right now and it is best to use the Legacy material editor for now.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;