Cryengine Working Pipeline

hey guys,
I'm just wondering if the Cryengine pipeline will finally get any updates soon ? any news ? The FBX importer is a nice improvement but importing textures is still annoying as F.
The whole texture importing and photoshop process are kinda from the Cretaceous period... A simple and efficient way to import textures would be a good start, even not talking about
tools like Substance Live link or the Megascans Live link, which would be of course also nice to have.

Everytime when im thinking about to create something in cryengine instead of UE4 i finally resign because of the texture importing pipeline, it's just to time consuming and annoying.
Especially when you have to import a lot of textures, or when you want to try things out, change or improve textures non stop... it's getting very quick very time consuming.

Re: Cryengine Working Pipeline

Have you used the drag and drop method to import textures?
You can also select the texture in the asset browser and choose ReImport.

For more advanced textures with alpha for example you may need to use the CryTiff exporter from Photoshop or manually use the Resource Compiler (RC.EXE) to convert the TIF files into the correct format.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

For more advanced textures with alpha for example you may need to use the CryTiff exporter from Photoshop or manually use the Resource Compiler (RC.EXE) to convert the TIF files into the correct format.
Really? Until that moment, I thought you can just drag & drop your textures in asset browser with correct suffix for them and RC will automatically convert them to the right format. At least Normal maps with alpha.TIFF catch the right preset and other too, when you look on them in legacy Material editor.. and if you need other settings you can just double click on them in AB and it will open RC. no? :?: .

. also from 5+ version you can drag & drop them in your asset project folder and AB will detect changes and update things in AB..

Update: I just double check and it looks like you can import your tiff with alpha without problem, just correct suffix for them, this mean you can import any format even jpeg without problem (Imagemagick tool) in tools folder (third party) and tiff with alpha... if you need change settings of texture you can double click on them in AB and it will open RC in editor, where you can change what you need, also drop in Assets folder will be catched by AB.. so things really easy as is at the moment.. same for fbx.. you can just drop in AB.. and change things later in FBX importer tool if you need

Wait a moment, so i don't have any longer to push every texture through Photoshop ? I can just drag and drop any Albedo, Glosiness or Normal map into the editor ?
From my understanding before version V, i had to push every single texture through Photoshop and than drop them into a special engine folder, which of course was annoying as hell.

I'm still hopping for massive improvements in the near future, import / export pipeline, finally speedtree support and a "simple" way to import substance materials and also the integration of all the live links from megascans and substance.

Wait a moment, so i don't have any longer to push every texture through Photoshop ?
Yes, you dont need to do this.. Crytek added imagemagick tool that convert your other formats like jpeg, png etc to tiff and than RC will convert them automatically to the right format if you add correct sufix for them like _ddna , _diff and etc.. you still need to have your gloss in your normal alpha, etc because this is how engine works.. but overall you can just drag and drop your textures in AB or in your asset folder of your project.. If you need to change settings of your texture or take other preset you can just double click on them in asset browser and it will open same RC like in protoshop but directly in editor where you can change your settings and it will be updated..