Re: Leaf Opacity

Put the Alpha of the leaf in the alpha channel of the diffuse map and set the alpha test to 50.
I appreciate your help a lot. Thank you!

I’m new to all of this. Do I have to make a Alpha of my leaf in photo shop? Or is it my Leaf Albedo?

I’m new to all of this. Do I have to make a Alpha of my leaf in photo shop? Or is it my Leaf Albedo?
Did you use speedtree to make this? I'm not familiar with the program but there should definitely be a way to export an opacity map. Place the opacity map in the alpha of the diffuse texture and name it with the suffix _diff.

Did you use speedtree to make this? I'm not familiar with the program but there should definitely be a way to export an opacity map. Place the opacity map in the alpha of the diffuse texture and name it with the suffix _diff.
I’m using megascans textures and it comes with a opacity map. Should I change the opacity map to a diff?

Open up your leaf albedo in Photoshop.
Go under "Channels" and click the right top corner of that window to create a "New Channel". This should be an alpha channel.
Open up your opacity map in Photoshop and copy past it into the alpha channel of your leaf albedo.
Save your map via Crytiff with an preset that supports albedos with alpha channel.
in CE set the alpha test of your leaf material to 50.

Go under "Channels" and click the right top corner of that window to create a "New Channel". This should be an alpha channel.
Open up your opacity map in Photoshop and copy past it into the alpha channel of your leaf albedo.
Save your map via Crytiff with an preset that supports albedos with alpha channel.
Cinnabear.. if I had a life saver to give you, i would. Cause thats what you are!! Thank you very much it worked!! Thanks a lot for helping out!!

Thank you

Cinnabear.. if I had a life saver to give you, i would. Cause thats what you are!! Thank you very much it worked!! Thanks a lot for helping out!!
All the tips of my leaves are cut off and i tried to tile them and its not working out. I went to look at my model in speedtree and all the leaves look normal on the tree. I thought maybe it was cutoff as well but it wasn't.
Attachments
pointed leaves.png
Tip of tree branches cut off
pointed leaves.png (6.31 MiB) Viewed 7130 times