Goodbye CRYENGINE

I was and still is a long term big fan of Crytek and games.

But many things have changed, not just CRYENGINE code base but the community, especially Crytek's lack of support. In fact, such thing as CRYENGINE developers\enthusiasts community do not exist anymore or it is shrinked to microscopic size. Many switched to other engines.

There is almost none plugin development activity, and Marketplace is still in "beta". This all is very depressing, but in regards to recent refusal to allow me to publish on the Marketplace, i would like to state that i am abandoning any development and other activity related to Crytek's technologies.

It was a great adventure and i would like to thank all of you for your support and help. Goodbye CRYENGINE.

Re: Goodbye CRYENGINE

nolanloh wrote:There is almost none plugin development activity

This plugin came in yesterday and more are in the works :)
https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/product/simple-boid-plugin

nolanloh wrote:and Marketplace is still in "beta"

That it is and development is going too slow.

nolanloh wrote:This all is very depressing, but in regards to recent refusal to allow me to publish on the Marketplace, i would like to state that i am abandoning any development and other activity related to Crytek's technologies..

Mangopay (which Crytek uses) are not allowed by law to handle billing with countries that are on the sanctions list, i.e Kazakhstan. There is nothing Crytek can do about that. So don't blame them, blame the people throwing out sanctions lists. This was explained to you several times by our Community Manager some time ago.

---

I wish you the best. Sad to see the Weather System won't be available. You can still sell on your own website you know :)

Re: Goodbye CRYENGINE

I find many people post on their own site or sites like TurboSquid and all... Have you thought about trying out on any of those sites or making one of your own and seeing how that goes?

I myself was really looking forward to your updated weather plugin.