Re: How to generate GameSDK solution.

Sadly it's not possible that way, the project you get from the marketplace is only the assets and the .dll. To get the actually source code you have to download the engine from Github and compile it, the engine contains the GameSDK source code and you could start working in it. If you're just interested in the code you can have a look on Github https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/tree/release/Code/GameSDK/GameDll, but as you can see it's quite some code. I would maybe recommend to look into the templates you can create in the CryEngine Launcher, they are simple and should be relatively easy to understand.

Cheers,
Alex

cry-alex wrote:Sadly it's not possible that way, the project you get from the marketplace is only the assets and the .dll. To get the actually source code you have to download the engine from Github and compile it, the engine contains the GameSDK source code and you could start working in it. If you're just interested in the code you can have a look on Github https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/tree/release/Code/GameSDK/GameDll, but as you can see it's quite some code. I would maybe recommend to look into the templates you can create in the CryEngine Launcher, they are simple and should be relatively easy to understand.

Cheers,
Alex

Well the thing is that game sdk already has built in action shooter stuff. I would really like to check it out :( Well if its not possible i guess i will have to learn :D

dont like to toot myself but check my beginner guides. will be different if you are using the previews but i dont think gamesdk works with previews yet.

gl

oh and using that guide after u get templates working with git code. get the gamesdk sample from marketplace. copy the assets folder to your git root (5.3). make sure you rwgister your engine (it wont show in the launcher either way fyi) by creating a cryengine.cryengine file with a custom name and id (check launcher engine for example) - this file goes into your git engine root and you simply right click and register engine. also copy gamesdk cryproject to your git root. then on the cryproject right click and select engine version and choose the new entry you added. you can copy launcher binaries like scaleformhelper.dll from launcher bin to git engine bin, you can do this as long as the git and launcher engine is the same version.

you wont be able to gen solution but you can compile the code by going into the git engine solution generated by cmake in the tools/cmake/generate win64 solution .bat. then you can launch game and test. you can also set a custom debugger command line so you can start via vs debugging.
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin | CMakeLists Gen | C++ Project Templates

uniflare wrote:dont like to toot myself but check my beginner guides. will be different if you are using the previews but i dont think gamesdk works with previews yet.

gl

oh and using that guide after u get templates working with git code. get the gamesdk sample from marketplace. copy the assets folder to your git root (5.3). make sure you rwgister your engine (it wont show in the launcher either way fyi) by creating a cryengine.cryengine file with a custom name and id (check launcher engine for example) - this file goes into your git engine root and you simply right click and register engine. also copy gamesdk cryproject to your git root. then on the cryproject right click and select engine version and choose the new entry you added. you can copy launcher binaries like scaleformhelper.dll from launcher bin to git engine bin, you can do this as long as the git and launcher engine is the same version.

you wont be able to gen solution but you can compile the code by going into the git engine solution generated by cmake in the tools/cmake/generate win64 solution .bat. then you can launch game and test. you can also set a custom debugger command line so you can start via vs debugging.

I will check your guides. Thank you. If anything i will PM you. Hope you answer to PM's :O

Hi Uniflare,

Followed your guides but used CMAKE instead of WAF... Seriously, all I wish to accomplish is SDK as a base and Modify it heavily to suit needs, is this even possible?

Bottom line want a development environment where a game can be worked on, edited and then released, obviously Steamworks SDK is required (FYI I have Steamworks account, we are greenlit so I have SDK, but not sure how to place in SDK folder on build)

We are getting errors on build, and when we don't I cant open GAme SDK this process is a bit unruly for us coming back to Cryengine since not working on the engine since 3.8 and below.

What is your advice in building engine, using GameSDK as a base to modify from, and having it all work?

-Mike

GameSDK (at time of writing) is not compatible with 5.4 previews. You can use 5.3 though just use my guide and get the git source compiled. Copy the gamesdk assets to a folder in the engine root and set the sys game folder cvar. then tou can carrry on editing gamesdk project from engine solution.

Once 5.4 is released soon the process should be very similar although ylu will have to use the .projecr files instead of the cvar.

gl
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin | CMakeLists Gen | C++ Project Templates