Re: Scaleform license once and for all

collinbishop wrote:Fury

This pertains to commercial projects as well. The one thing you wont be provided is the Scaleform SDK to add onto the code base. This is the luxury you get if you pay the full amount for the license. As also stated prior you will need to purchase a license for video support which is separate. I am seeing what I can do about that though in the meantime. Enjoy Scaleform in the engine free on our implementation since we pick up the tab for you guys instead of making you cough up the fees.

thanks

Collin

what is meant by needing a separate license for video? do we need a scaleform video license in cryengine? is there a different way to display video? is video only video clips in the UI? Can I do cut scenes without needing a video license for scaleform?

travismix1980 wrote:

This pertains to commercial projects as well. The one thing you wont be provided is the Scaleform SDK to add onto the code base. This is the luxury you get if you pay the full amount for the license. As also stated prior you will need to purchase a license for video support which is separate. I am seeing what I can do about that though in the meantime. Enjoy Scaleform in the engine free on our implementation since we pick up the tab for you guys instead of making you cough up the fees.

thanks

Collin

what is meant by needing a separate license for video? do we need a scaleform video license in cryengine? is there a different way to display video? is video only video clips in the UI? Can I do cut scenes without needing a video license for scaleform?
in order to play Scaleform Video USM files you need an expensive license from Autodesk.

lavizh wrote:
travismix1980 wrote:

thanks

Collin

in order to play Scaleform Video USM files you need an expensive license from Autodesk.

We wouldn't need these USM files for cutscenes or things made with the engine cinematic tool then would we? My concern was that somewhere (not sure at this point where) I read something that sounded like we would need scaleform video to do any type of video including in game cutscenes etc...