Re: Inventory

There are many ways to create a inventory. I have been looking into this my self and playing with different ways to see what will work best for my inventory goals.

First thing is to set inventory goals. For example weight limit, max number of items, limit what items can be stored.

Second you should open up the flowgraph and check out all the inventory nodes. Start with a basic layout to just pick up and store items.

Third create the ui that displays the items in inventory and give basic controls.

Fourth once a basic inventory works add in one feature at a time. For example add weight limit of items going into inventory, add weight numbers to ui then test. Add in max number of items, add item counter to ui then test.

Add one feature at a time and before you know it you will have a advanced inventory system. Since there is no one way to make a inventory system you have to create it yourself, but if you get stuck on a section then the community can help you through it.

Exactly as you said. Inventory system will take some time though. Especially if you want to use flowgraph for it. Even if you're not a programmer, i would still recommend you to learn a little bit of c++ and try to implement it like this. From the UI side it will also take a lot of coding, and from my experience. . Once you finish inventory in UI, your coding knowledge will be enough to eat c++ very quickly. If there will be more feedback for my video tutorials, then I will cover how to create inventory system in UI and possibly in C++.

I made it like previous person said. I set the goals and so on. After that i learned ActionScript 2.0 only by trying to write inventory system. I wrote 6 or 7 or maybe even more inventory systems each one I acheved with less lines of code. I remember my first inventory had like 10k lines!!! :D my newest has maybe 3000 including trading system and other extra features.
And my inventories are not pretty looking once. Just because i fovused on functionality without wasting time for perfecting it's look. Now when whe functionality is done I can just change the way that my movie clipses look like and concentrate on designing.
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

fury22uk wrote: I wrote 6 or 7 or maybe even more inventory systems each one I acheved with less lines of code. I remember my first inventory had like 10k lines!!! :D my newest has maybe 3000 including trading system and other extra features.
And my inventories are not pretty looking once. Just because i fovused on functionality without wasting time for perfecting it's look. Now when whe functionality is done I can just change the way that my movie clipses look like and concentrate on designing.

Can you plz help us a little bit , i tried a lot's to make just a simple inventory systems , but each time i make something it's does not work like inventory systems :( !
I even tried to use the default scalform's one but didn't work with me , i don't know what is the problem but i know there is one hehe

So i just want a simple of how does it work ( in flash & AC2 ) ? , i might then make something with FG or what is available to me for programming side .
^^

Ok I'll make tutorial about inventory. But it will be long and it will consist of a few parts. First part will be Actionscript programing. It will take long and be patient, I may make it on the weekend or next week, so be patient. Connecting flash with cryengine will be the harder part. Because everyone is using different project. Some of you use GameSDK which has it's inventory system. I use blank C++ project or thirrd/first person template which does not have inventory system implemented and you would need to implement it yourself, which will benefit when you connect it with flash, because you clearly know what you're doing whereas working on GAMESDK you'll have to work on somebody's code, find their methods of adding and removing items, dropping and picking, how to access slots and so on. That's why if I cover inventory system it will be simple, for only a few items and it will be working with simple c++ inventory made by myself in tpp template. However I think this will be a huge help for the community.
Cryengine tutorial videos on my Youtube channel! Check it out !
https://www.youtube.com/user/MusicForLifePL20

fury22uk wrote:Ok I'll make tutorial about inventory. ........ . However I think this will be a huge help for the community.

Oh yes you will help the community a lot's! , and we can wait it's ok , we already waited for a long time ^^