Re: export terrain block crash

Are you changing the unit size?
Even if you change the unit size to half, and quadruple the terrain size (effectively doubling the size of the terrain), you will still have issues with the original portion of the terrain.
eg;

Create a new 1024x1024x1m level
Terrain->File->Generate Terrain
Terrain->Edit->Resize Terrain to 2048x2048x1m

Your terrain should be untouched in the corner of the new terrain.
ResizeExistingTerrain.gif
ResizeExistingTerrain.gif (1.52 MiB) Viewed 4854 times
--------------

GIMP seems unable to save to the same format as we import/export. One thing you can try is exporting as BMP, then use IrfanView (Free application) to "Resize Canvas" to a larger terrain, then save it as a new BMP and import that BMP into CRYENGINE.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

TY so much for taking the time to post this , I vastly appreciate it, as I do so want to keep using CE.

Speaking of which, and I suspect the answer isn't good, will my GTX 950 2gb card be sufficient for the new ray-tracing or am I looking at a pricey upgrade similar to unrealengine and others ?

THX I'l get right on this and let you know.

OK yes, that works fine doing exactly as instructed.
Which begs the question, given I can not genearte on my sculpted terrain wthout losing everything, why then when I change nothing except as noted, 1024 >20148 leaving everything else the same, that my terrain after resize is all flat.

I wish I knew, is there anyway, to look at logs and find out what is going on- I really need to move fwd from this as I'm wasting time :(
I'll also try your suggestion for gimp.
Trouble IS though,I can't just 'resize' terrain about its exported from CE and imported into gimp > resize, that won't work bc its going to just resise everything, meaning im back to the problem I'm trying to get past. meanig the sculpting I've done in my error, takes up the entire, terrain so I have nowhere left to go, and since CE has no streaming terrain UI like unity and UE4 atm anyway, I'm stuck, with exporting, importing, copying, making new file of 4096 and pasting into that,,so far its not working using paint.net whichis pretty nice overall, I had some troubles with irfanview but I'll try again.

TY indeed for taking time to help.

OK I got it working by just loading curernt terrain, 1024 .25 etc. into gimp, making new gimp 4096, and pasting 1024 gimp image into 4096 image.

It works with a minor elevation problem with 1024 paste but not worried about that one.

Thankfully case closed essentially so I can move on :)\

TY for all your help with this--gimp worked out FINE using tif instead of bmp, though I"m having lots of issues with flatten atm.
I may need to post for help or try to find a video, but thats a horse of a diff. color ;)

Not a problem, glad that you managed to solve your issue using the TIF method.
Of course, any more issues please do let us know with a new post :).

Regarding the card and raytracing, if you are talking about performance, we haven't released any metrics yet aside from our latest article on the subject. Stay tuned to our official channels for any future information regarding the new technology.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin