CryEngine doesn't start!

New to CryEngine, it installed 5.5 P6, but no matter what project i create, it goes right to the splash screen, stucks around CryRenderD3D11.dll and then a error message pops up that says "The editor has crashed and is now in an unstable state! Process with save or no?"

I have directX11, antivirus doesn't interfere with anything, i don't have intel graphics card, i'm using GTX 970, framework installed, all microsoft redistrutables etc.

ALL THREE LOGS:
ce-launcher.log:

Spoiler!  Show

TEXT LOG 2:
editor.log

Spoiler!  Show

TEXT LOG 3:
dxdiag.txt

Spoiler!  Show

Last edited by silentfootsteps on Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: CryEngine doesn't start!

/Moved
Moved to build feedback as this is more of a bug report that concerns the engine rather than the launcher
Note: Please either attach text files or wrap your report in spoiler/hidden tags to prevent users from having to scroll for an excessive amount of time.

Can you confirm you have updated your windows to the latest update, as well as your graphics drivers?
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Very strange, the issue is with the rendering system.
"Rendering device creation failed!"

Do you get a crash submission report dialog show up?
Make sure to submit a crash report so we can try to tackle this internally.

It may be the case that this has been fixed already for the next update but would still like to make sure.
Do you have any issues using 5.4?
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

This is a long shot but perhaps we can get some more information.

Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Backup the following file to a safe location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\bin\win_x64\CryRenderD3D11.dll

2. Delete the following folders/files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\user
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\editor.log
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\game.log

3. Download (attached), unzip (with 7zip) and copy the extracted file (CryRenderD3D11.dll) and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\bin\win_x64

4. Try to run the editor. Then Try to run the Game.

5. Upload the log files (Editor.log/Game.log) to this thread, or if you prefer, PM them to me.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;
Attachments
CryRenderD3D11.7z
(1.86 MiB) Downloaded 30 times

I followed all the steps but the engine still crashes during initializing/loading CryRender at the splash screen.

editor.log

Spoiler!  Show

game.log :

Spoiler!  Show

Thanks for the detailed report.
This could be an issue on our side or possibly an issue on the hardware side.

We would ask you to do these steps for more information to make sure:
You will need to run the DirectX Control Panel (dxcpl.exe), it should reside in your Windows/System32 folder if you have a Windows SDK installed for Windows 10.
If you do not have this executable, you will need to install the Windows SDK (you can get the latest) from here.

Inside the control panel, add "GameLauncher.exe" to your scope path, and make sure to Force the debug layer on, like so:
dxcplsettings.PNG
dxcplsettings.PNG (32.92 KiB) Viewed 2400 times
Then in the Engine root, create (if not there already) a file called system.cfg. In this file make sure to add this line:

Code: Select all

r_enabledebuglayer = 1
Then download the archive "DebugOutput.zip" attached to this post, and extract the "DebugOutput.exe" file. Now either:
- Drag and Drop the GameLauncher.exe onto this exectuable, or
- Run the executable next to the GameLauncher.exe.

This executable will produce a file named output.log next to the GameLauncher.exe.

Please upload and attach this to the post :).
Uniflare

My personal belongings;
Attachments
DebugOutput.zip
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

So I did everything as was written on the post. Everything went fine I assume. I launched the DebugOutput.exe exectuable file, it popped up with a message that it was trying to launch without a .cry project file and that I should choose one. I clicked on the OK button and it went on doing it's job.

Here's the output.log

Spoiler!  Show

Hi there,

Apologies for the late reply. Thank you for taking the detailed steps in trying to find the issue. Unfortunately we still do not have the information we need to investigate.
It appears the debug layer is either not functioning or there are no errors (It would be odd if this is the case).

A quick test to see if the debug layer is functioning is to uncheck the "info" checkbox in the mute severities options in the DirectX Control Panel:
unchecked_info.PNG
unchecked_info.PNG (1.44 KiB) Viewed 1254 times

Once dropping the GameLauncher.exe onto the DebugOutput.exe you should see a console window with text appear, in the output.log file you should see lines such as this:

Code: Select all

D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11Context: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B81ADE20, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097225: CREATE_CONTEXT] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3DDeviceContextState: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F2DFA0, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #3145735: CREATE_DEVICECONTEXTSTATE] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11BlendState: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F3A370, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097270: CREATE_BLENDSTATE] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11DepthStencilState: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F3A860, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097273: CREATE_DEPTHSTENCILSTATE] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11RasterizerState: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F3ACF0, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097276: CREATE_RASTERIZERSTATE] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11Sampler: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F3B350, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097267: CREATE_SAMPLER] D3D11 INFO: Create ID3D11Query: Name="unnamed", Addr=0x00000211B7F3B870, ExtRef=1, IntRef=0 [ STATE_CREATION INFO #2097279: CREATE_QUERY]

If you do not see any lines like this:
Please confirm that you have enabled the DirectX debug layer via the DirectX Control panel, and that you have added GameLauncher.exe to the scope list?
Also, can you confirm that the console variable r_enabledebuglayer is set to 1 (in the system.cfg file in the engine root)?

If you do see lines like this:
Please provide the updated log file.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;