Vegetation editor categories consume all available memory

Hello! Problem with no memory left after defining categories in vegetation editor (12gb on board). Even with no vegetation painted, only defined categories. Removing all categories I hold at approx. 6 gb. Loading only empty editor (sandbox and no level) memory is at around 2 gb. In exported game (with no sandbox) about the same. Something must be wrong with the internal memory system of the editor, or? Please assist....Spes
Attachments
veg editor fawlty mem.jpg
veg editor fawlty mem.jpg (253.97 KiB) Viewed 636 times

Re: Vegetation editor categories consume all available memory

Hi there,

Is this issue reproducible consistently for you on a new level?
Are you adding objects to these vegetation categories?
If so, are these SDK or Crytek vegetation assets?
How many categories before you begin to notice the memory increase?
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hello and thanks for answering.
Yes, I notice this also on a newstarted level but with the same map as my primary level but nothing added but textures.
Each category contain 48 rockobjects and these are made by me in Blender. So neither crytek or SDK assets, but each is imported through the fbx mesh import function in CE5.5. I think the memory increase is linear already starting with one category. I have temporarily solved it by using only one rockcatergory with 48 objects but fewer rocktextures. I am now trying to get more objects into one category to see if that works, but it will take a while because i am still modelling and making LOD's for each stone. I want my level to be very rockintensive as you might have guessed. :) Spes

Interesting. Is it still an issue after restarting the editor?
Let us know about your findings.
If you can give detailed reproduction steps, from start to finish (how many FBX are imported, same models or different, how many categories, order of operations such as Open Sandbox->Import 20 models->Add 5 categories, each with the same models or different models etc). Then it would be a great candidate to add to our GitHub issue tracker:
https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues/
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin