Re: 3D Snow

Crytek is redoing the Material Editor and as you can see from the roadmap there is a node graph for shaders in development but that's probably further down the line.
Yes, I am waiting and I hope it is not the first year. But it is not known when the new editor will come. And for all the time it would be possible to slightly expand the existing editor. For example, I do not have enough Texture Masks and the possibility of tiling each material texture separately. This is the least, but even this is not

You say so (just need to write a shader) and who will do it? Someone from the community will not lose time on this when you can simply work in more flexible engines UE4. And Crytek are not interested in modifying shaders, therefore their editor of materials has not been developed for almost 10 years.
The Game Studio thats making the game does the shaders not Crytek. Why would the game studio spend money and release it for free? The studio will want to have stuff thats exclusive to their game and not where everyone took it and did nothing to edit it.
In UE4 you do not need to write shaders, hire people to write a shader. The material editor allows you to implement any idea. And what can a material editor in Cryengine?
But what your asking is not a material..... So unsure why you you trying to relate the another engine. Cryengine is more powerful than UE4, so takes time to edit stuff without hurting everything else

The Game Studio thats making the game does the shaders not Crytek. Why would the game studio spend money and release it for free? The studio will want to have stuff thats exclusive to their game and not where everyone took it and did nothing to edit it.
In UE4 you do not need to write shaders, hire people to write a shader. The material editor allows you to implement any idea. And what can a material editor in Cryengine?
But what your asking is not a material..... So unsure why you you trying to relate the another engine. Cryengine is more powerful than UE4, so takes time to edit stuff without hurting everything else
Very interesting! And how much more time is needed !? Just in Cryengine 5 the Material Editor is exactly the same as in Cryengine 2. Maybe you need another 10 years to wait. Crytek added a new Particle Editor, which expands the capabilities of the old, so they can update the toolkit! How do I think they need to update the engine, since they have everything with the finances sad and they have on the strength of 2 major updates of the engine a year. They need for each major update to add a new technology that will replace the outdated. Instead of a few subtle details, it is better to add something one but large scale.
For example, in the next major update, add a new Material Editor + bug fixes. In the next large-scale update, the new UI Editor + bug fixes, etc.

if you have complaints about the engine, why continue to use it?
I guess I'm a masochist! just keep hoping for something. Well, or you're a masochist, since you have no complaints about this engine.

I guess I'm a masochist! just keep hoping for something. Well, or you're a masochist, since you have no complaints about this engine.
I have complaints, but they can be worked around. What your asking for is something that the studio would design, not the engine. I use this engine for my game studio.

I have complaints, but they can be worked around. What your asking for is something that the studio would design, not the engine. I use this engine for my game studio.
And what am I asking for this !? I ask a banal thing, just a comfortable work with materials. Still UT3-UDK many years ago had a Material Editor which surpasses in all the Material Editor Cryengine 5