Here is my list of questions that I have:
1. When looking at the templates it seems as if we now create entire games as plugins. If so, how do we add proper .pak encryption? I mean... there is no GameStartup class... This would be the place where we did it until now (inserting the RSA Key). Is it currently better to use the old Game Zero for game projects? Here we have all of our Game, GameStartup, EditorGame and GameFactory classes. We even have GameRules.
2. How do we implement GameRules with the new System? I can only find them in older templates. Is it still the same process? And if so, will there be changes to it in the future? I‘m currelty not sure about how to implement GameRules inside the new templates. Furthermore some more documentation about GameRules and GameModes would be nice, because I also have no real idea about how to implement GameRules with the old templates.
3. If we expose some Variables, Structs or similar to Schematyc, will these values be automatically serialized when creating a savegame? Or how do we serialize? Inside the doc I found multiple functions for this (see here: https://docs.cryengine.com/plugins/serv ... w/29797021)
So do we need to use the GameSerialize function for this purpose? Or is there some kind of auto savegame serialization for values that are exposed to Schematyc?
4. In the old entity system we could easily (with LUA) implement a FlowNode for an entity. However I couldn‘t find anything like that in Schematyc. Is there any way to do so?
5. Also in the old entity system we could easily create states in LUA (by just adding their names as a string to our state table). Then we could easily switch between states and have some logik for entering and leaving the state. I know that Schematyc has a state machine aswell. But can we somehow access it inside of C++? If so, how do we create states? How do we switch between them? How do we react to entering and leaving the state?
6. Is there any good approach about how to implement AI? I know that we have a pathfinder component, factions, MBT, perception, dynamic respone system and so on, but did anyone have any success in actually putting everything together to implement a basic AI? I currently have no idea about how to approach this. Specially about how to make it react to the player (recognize the player, shoot at him or hunt him, recognizes when player is not in sight anymore, etc.). I would really appreciate any help about this.
7. How do we properly pack these Template Games for publishing? I guess that we now need to do proper release builds of all the default components, etc. aswell?
8. If I got this right, then the ForceFeedback system
is part of the Engine itself (found it inside of CryAction). So we should be able to use it inside the Game Templates aswell. The doc about setting it up is pretty well done. However I wonder how we trigger it from C++ code from our game without the need for always using the FFB FlowNodes.
9. How can I create custom MBT elements for AI and how do I register them, so that they can be used inside of MBTs?
10. How can Audio be triggered from C++? Again this was pretty easy inside of LUA.
11. The Dynamic Response System also allwos to define a subtitle for a line. How do we get this subtitle when a sound is played and forward it to our UI?
12. Let‘s say we already have a health system for players and AI. How could we react to a bullet hitting the player (basically speaking: how do we properly react to bullet collision) and how do we get the damage (which is probably stored inside the bullet, that hit the player). Can we somehow get this information through the collision info?
I know that these are a lot of questions. But I hope that someone can clarify all of this for me.
Thanks and have a nice day