Re: AI to HMG Flowgraph?

If it is necessary, try any of following options:
Option 1. Edit your behavior tree ".xml" file which is in "Scripts\AI\BehaviorTrees".
Option 2. Download a Cryengine version that have a behavior tree editor to edit your ".xml" in a easy way(I used to use Cryengine 3.8.6 for this. And, don't you worry, you can the same ".xml" in Cryengine 5).

And, if you have Crysis 3 scripts, it can be good example.

If it is necessary, try any of following options:
Option 1. Edit your behavior tree ".xml" file which is in "Scripts\AI\BehaviorTrees".
Option 2. Download a Cryengine version that have a behavior tree editor to edit your ".xml" in a easy way(I used to use Cryengine 3.8.6 for this. And, don't you worry, you can the same ".xml" in Cryengine 5).

And, if you have Crysis 3 scripts, it can be good example.
Hi.
thanks for the reply.
My problem has not been resolved
I received the cryengine 3.8.6 version.But cryengine 3.8.6 files xml were similar to cryengine 5.
Please give me the BehaviorTrees file .xml
Thanks.

It looks like you've got English problem, right?
If you have got, that means researching will be hard for you.

Don't get me wrong, i said that because the reason of writing 3.8.6 version of Cryengine was not for making you download. It was for making you know that Cryengine's older versions has got behavior tree editor. I could not see it in newer versions yet.
You can change your ".xml" file(by the way, it's hard for a beginner).
Or as already i said, you can take a look, how Crytek did it in Crysis 3?

But, i'll try to manage something for you.

It looks like you've got English problem, right?
If you have got, that means researching will be hard for you.

Don't get me wrong, i said that because the reason of writing 3.8.6 version of Cryengine was not for making you download. It was for making you know that Cryengine's older versions has got behavior tree editor. I could not see it in newer versions yet.
You can change your ".xml" file(by the way, it's hard for a beginner).
Or as already i said, you can take a look, how Crytek did it in Crysis 3?

But, i'll try to manage something for you.
Hi
Yes, I have a problem with English!
Thank you.
I looked at the behavior tree code from Crysis 3.
HumanTree.xml :

I copied the codes for MountedWeapon, but I have problems.
Please create an example for me.
Thank you my friend

Hi Hamedudk,

I have checked the behavior trees and the human lua files from both, CE5 and CE3 and they are indeed identical.
To get rid of the error you can simply add the Variable to behavior tree.

Code: Select all

<Variable name="MovingToMountedWeapon"/>
However I have been unable to get the HMG working with the Human character even in CE3.
We will have a deeper look into the issue and let you as soon as we know more about it.

i have achieved something that at least simulates this.

i have an HMG human animation playing, non movement controlled i had a seat attached to HMG and when the AI uses the HMG, then he attaches to the seat and the flow graph checks if the AI is aware of the player and that triggers the machine gun to rotate with seat and AI to the player and shoots.

not perfect but found a better way to track AI by Spawning AI i in flow graph bunch of work but works

Hi Hamedudk,

I have checked the behavior trees and the human lua files from both, CE5 and CE3 and they are indeed identical.
To get rid of the error you can simply add the Variable to behavior tree.

Code: Select all

<Variable name="MovingToMountedWeapon"/>
However I have been unable to get the HMG working with the Human character even in CE3.
We will have a deeper look into the issue and let you as soon as we know more about it.