I'm new...

Ok so, first of all, lemme tell the story of how I found cryengine. My parents bought a game about a week ago, and the game was Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts, and the intro credits said cryengine. So I'm thinking, ooh a game engine. So I come here, and my big question is: ALL OF THIS IS FREE???? This could be HUGE if it's all free, like CRAZY HUGE. Is it free?

Re: I'm new...

Ok so, first of all, lemme tell the story of how I found cryengine. My parents bought a game about a week ago, and the game was Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts, and the intro credits said cryengine. So I'm thinking, ooh a game engine. So I come here, and my big question is: ALL OF THIS IS FREE???? This could be HUGE if it's all free, like CRAZY HUGE. Is it free?

Welcome to the forum.

About the engine, like others said, it is not free but it is free to try and you only have to pay, if you sell your game and only if you get profits above a certain level, this explains better:

https://www.cryengine.com/support/view/licensing

Re: I'm new...

What was your first game development tool / app? I used a custom paper writer to type my game stories and scenarios. Then, I tried Cryengine and been using it since.

Hi,

I started as a complete noob with Cryengine 5 on my Dell precision m4800. Before that, I did my projects in Godot, Unity and Lumberyard.
What other game dev tools are you using?
Den Vincents - author ID DENIEL4573