C# Visual Studio 2019 "Unsupported project version" when opening Sln and loading Sandbox.Game.csproj file

Hi,

When I try to open the .sln file in VS2019, it fails to load the .csproj file. I've tried downloading 2017 and 2015 versions and they say the same thing. This is very annoying as I'm trying to start experimenting with CryEngine but I can't find any information for how to fix this problem.

1. I open Solution file
2. VS2019 open, loads
3. Popup about unsupported project version/type could not be migrated/upgraded (referring to the .csproj file
4. Redirects me to microsoft page

I suspect I am lacking something from the VS2019 installation. Which components are necessary in VS2019 in order to open CryEngine projects?

Re: C# Visual Studio 2019 "Unsupported project version" when opening Sln and loading Sandbox.Game.csproj file

Hi Rhailex,

Currently VS 2019 is not supported for C# in CRYENGINE.

You will need to install Visual Studio 2017 with the CRYENGINE VS Plugin which you can find by default at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.6\Tools\VisualStudioExtensions\CryEngine.Debugger.Mono.vsix

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: C# Visual Studio 2019 "Unsupported project version" when opening Sln and loading Sandbox.Game.csproj file

Hi Rhailex,

Currently VS 2019 is not supported for C# in CRYENGINE.

You will need to install Visual Studio 2017 with the CRYENGINE VS Plugin which you can find by default at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.6\Tools\VisualStudioExtensions\CryEngine.Debugger.Mono.vsix

Please let us know if you continue to experience issues.
Hi Flare,

Thank you for the quick reply! I uninstalled 2019 and installed 2017 along with the .vsix and everything seems to be working now as it should! Thanks for the quick solution :)

Any chance that a short description about this can be added to the launcher for future users?

hi, I meant that I tried to install the "CryEngine.Debugger.Mono" extension but it tells me that it cannot be installed on any product on the PC. I add that, in the activity management the process is 32 bit, I am on a 64 bit operating system. Do I need to download a 64-bit version of the extension?

I apologize for the possible grammatical errors but I am Italian and I don't chew much English.