Please help me diagnose a fault with my system, Ryzen 3000 owners ??

I have been having issues with performance on Cryengine since 5.6, 5.5 is working fine. i get a lot of CPU hitching and low performance, Running the Woodland demo does give me warring messages in the CVar Dump in 5.6 that i don't get in 5.5 I'm also getting the same CPU hitching in the Neon Noir benchmark, see video below, see the frame times graph in the OSD.

I don't think its a problem with the engine, i think its a problem with my system, i think its the Ryzen CPU, perhaps specifically with the BIOS that i'm running, its a Ryzen 3600 on AGESA 1003 ABB.

If some one could help me confirm this it would help a lot, i plan on contacting AMD if it is confirmed, if someone has a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, and especially on the AGESA 1003 ABB BIOS could you download the Neon Noir benchmark, run it and tell me if you're seeing the same thing i am? many many thanks.
omegle xender

Re: Please help me diagnose a fault with my system, Ryzen 3000 owners ??

I had this issue, it was the ASRock Tuning Utility. you might have to reinstall Windows to get rid of it completely, unless you can find it in the registry.

See here viewtopic.php?p=1191894#p1191894
Sorry for the late reply, i have only just seen this.

For your Info i have found the issue, which was ASRock A-Tuning Utility, simply uninstalling the software does not fix the issue, not having installed the software in the first place, or a brand-new installation of Windows will fix it.
I have not run the software on my system since discovering it was the problem, Bother Cryengine 5.6 and the Ray Tracing benchmark have been working perfectly since.

So to reiterate the problem is ASRock A-Tuning Utility, The Motherboard is an ASRock AB350 Pro 4.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AB350%20Pro4/

Thank you for your help, again sorry for the late reply. :)

Re: Please help me diagnose a fault with my system, Ryzen 3000 owners ??

I have been having issues with performance on Cryengine since 5.6, 5.5 is working fine. i get a lot of CPU hitching and low performance, Running the Woodland demo does give me warring messages in the CVar Dump in 5.6 that i don't get in 5.5 I'm also getting the same CPU hitching in the Neon Noir benchmark, see video below, see the frame times graph in the OSD.

I don't think its a problem with the engine, i think its a problem with my system, i think its the Ryzen CPU, perhaps specifically with the BIOS that i'm running, its a Ryzen 3600 on AGESA 1003 ABB.

If some one could help me confirm this it would help a lot, i plan on contacting AMD if it is confirmed, if someone has a Ryzen 3000 series CPU, and especially on the AGESA 1003 ABB BIOS could you download the Neon Noir benchmark, run it and tell me if you're seeing the same thing i am? many many thanks.

I have Ryzen 3600x on AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 (MSI B450 Tomahawk MB w. BIOS 7C02v35) and have no problem with running Cryengine V.

Neon Noir benchmark runs great: Ultra, 1080p - 6170 (GTX1660)
Last edited by JohnDow on Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.