Unreal Engine 5 - Game over Cryengine

The lost decade of Cryengine (2009-2019) should be made a case for a longer article but here are the core points:

- From being the indisputable leader of computer graphics back to 2009 to be totally irrelevant to the industry
- Zero adoption outside Crytek, some exceptions are indie projects Wolcen (2012), no real AAA from Kingdom Come Deliverance (2016),
- Complete mismanagement, sell the engine to Amazon. Amazon improves the engine in 2 years far more and removes the licensing costs taking Star Citizen from Crytek. GG
- 500M investment went to ¿? hunt showdown probably and art outsourcing on turkey, but nothing else outside Crytek.
- 5 years on Cryengine version 5, no assets, no marketplace, no community, no support. Xenko, Godot, or Unigine have more adoption that Cryengine right now.
- Where is the indie fund? What games were supported? Where the money goes?
- Both unreal engines give millions of dollars on Paragon assets, Unity provide AAA samples straight from the box. We get Cryengine Sandbox Project from 2005, great.

I'm tired to repeat this community should uprise against Crytek. But well, who cares now.

Re: Unreal Engine 5 - Game over Cryengine

The lost decade of Cryengine (2009-2019) should be made a case for a longer article but here are the core points:

- From being the indisputable leader of computer graphics back to 2009 to be totally irrelevant to the industry
- Zero adoption outside Crytek, some exceptions are indie projects Wolcen (2012), no real AAA from Kingdom Come Deliverance (2016),
- Complete mismanagement, sell the engine to Amazon. Amazon improves the engine in 2 years far more and removes the licensing costs taking Star Citizen from Crytek. GG
- 500M investment went to ¿? hunt showdown probably and art outsourcing on turkey, but nothing else outside Crytek.
- 5 years on Cryengine version 5, no assets, no marketplace, no community, no support. Xenko, Godot, or Unigine have more adoption that Cryengine right now.
- Where is the indie fund? What games were supported? Where the money goes?
- Both unreal engines give millions of dollars on Paragon assets, Unity provide AAA samples straight from the box. We get Cryengine Sandbox Project from 2005, great.

I'm tired to repeat this community should uprise against Crytek. But well, who cares now.
I agree with you , I wrote the only and best book for version CE 5.4 & CE 5.5, but Cryengine team & crytek ignored my book, they could publish a news of my book in official book , but they did not post From my Book Persian masterpiece!
I think , It was useless to prepare/wrote books/articles and make video tutorials for Cryengine.

Cryengine team destroyed my motivation and my interest for CryEngine.

They don't appreciate talent and are upset by my positive criticism !!!
I also told them the strategies.

viewtopic.php?p=2233882#p2233882

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4461&p=11438&hilit ... egy#p11438