Re: Problem with terrain layer-material blending ! [CRYENGINE 5.6.5]

I re-create materials then somehow it works as expected. but new problems appear.
pic 1: grey color appears when blending materials .
001.jpg
001.jpg (556.42 KiB) Viewed 3490 times
pic 2: low detail texture only.
002.jpg
002.jpg (376.59 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

if I turn on 'auto generate base texture ' in the level-settings panel, low detail texture then looks more darker than what it should be (it comes from material's albedo-map after all).........
003.jpg
003.jpg (37.39 KiB) Viewed 3490 times

Hi excreation,

If you can reproduce the problem it would be great to see a detailed bug report with reproducible steps so we can investigate internally. You can submit reports via the GitHub issues page here:
https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues

Please include as much information as possible when submitting bug reports.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

This is not a bug, its a fundamental issue with how the terrain works.
The level of blending you can do is directly tied to the resolution of the heightmap, which means that with a 1 to 1 size it will generate one square of geometry per heightmap pixel, which then allows you to blend 3 different materials on the polygon vertices.
Meaning you cant paint any terrain blend detail smaller than a meter directly.
You can try to work around this by blending with assets and decals as best as you can, but the result will still not be good.
Another thing that might help a bit is enabling soft-depth test for the material which will cause it to blend based on the materials heightmap.

There was numerous issues presented here but regarding your point sunnlok, if you want finer blending than 1 meter then you can also use a smaller meters per unit (down to 0.25) when creating your terrain. This will create a smaller map but with a finer heightmap grid.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hi excreation,

If you can reproduce the problem it would be great to see a detailed bug report with reproducible steps so we can investigate internally. You can submit reports via the GitHub issues page here:
https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues

Please include as much information as possible when submitting bug reports.
well i can't reproduce this problem as i have deleted my experiment level.
last time the 'workaround' i've tried and it did work (but not that perfectly as i expected )was that i either turn-off pom directly or set blend fall-off to 0.1 and blend factor to minimum(0)or maximum(16).

github is good, but sorry, i can't make that happen in my country as it's pretty unstable or unreachable (i'm pretty tired for that so i quit struggling)........

anyway , if the team care to improve terrain i strongly recommend improving ''import terrain texture'' first, it have been divided into dozens of tiles by default, it is the pain in the ass to import textures one by one( i really wanna cry... really really loudly....), so make some new workflow will be appreciated......... well, more will be welcome as i have waited 6+ years for bunches of features.

Excreation, I have read in your Post.
" it is the pain in the ass to import textures one by one( i really wanna cry... really really loudly....)"

When you go to the Screen to Export/Import Terrain Texture, why don't you just mouse click on the top left tile,
hold down the button and drag the mouse cursor to the Bottom Right Tile.
This selects ALL of the tiles and you then import the Single Base Texture for the Whole of the Terrain.

The only thing that needs to be Calculated is that Your Texture must be the same size as all The Tiles.

eg: 16 tiles by 16 tiles - say each tile is 512 x 512 - this would be 16 x 512 = 8192
So you would need a Base Terrain Texture of 8192 x 8192.
Keep in mind - that if you do any more Terrain Painting it will OVERRIDE the Base texture at that place.
I always Import a Base texture at the beginning - make alterations to the Terrain and then at the end Re-import the Base Texture again.
Hope this helps.