Re: Directx 12 support?

As far has I know it supports DX12, if is full or not I really don't know, it also supports Vulkan (in Beta). Btw does the engine also crash for you when using Vulkan? It shouldn't matter for dx12 but just in case try it.

Also does the crash writes a log file or gives you a error message? If so and you have a log file attach it to this thread.

I know if you want it to run in the editor there are a few things you need to first, and I'm going assume it's the same for the Game Launcher.
I usually add these CVars to my system.cfg file.
r_Driver = "DX12"
r_ShaderTarget = "D3D12"
r_ShadersAllowCompilation = 1
r_ShadersRemoteCompiler = 1
r_ShaderCompilerServer = 127.0.0.1
Then you need to run the Remote Shader Compiler located in - D:\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.6\Tools\RemoteShaderCompiler

First of all you are running an old engine build. Try 5.6.5, DX12 should work fine for the game launcher, with the upcoming 5.7 we will have full DX12 and Vulkan support in both the Editor and Game Launcher. The current implementation in 5.6 is experimental / beta and it's missing several features.

Just to make sure. Are you running the Remote Shader Compiler before you load the Sandbox or the game launcher. Being on the latest version probably would help for the fixes & anything else.

**Update** Just done a quick test with 5.6.5 & the GameSDK. For DX12 I didn't need to run the Remote Shader Compiler for the Game Launcher or Sandbox, so it seems they have improved that part of the DX12 pipeline.