Re: how to import The Climb - Asset Pack

i tried to copy to assets folder in project and when trying to bring anything from this pack into the level from asset browser, it just gives me error that it can't import cfg to fbx,
i was not trying to import i just did as you subscribed im getting alot of errors related to missing materials.

engine ready, just copy the assets folder into a already created project

i tried to copy to assets folder in project and when trying to bring anything from this pack into the level from asset browser, it just gives me error that it can't import cfg to fbx,
i was not trying to import i just did as you subscribed im getting alot of errors related to missing materials.

When i did it, i had no issues. I just copy the Asset Folder into the project folder (the main folder over the current asset folder) so then everything has the same dir. Only one that would not have textures is the hot air balloon as you set the met that you want as there are 3 different ones and one model.

You must not be doing it right.

characters show up in asset browser but i cant add it to level
when i drag from asset browser into level nothing happens

charactor issue.png
charactor issue.png (708.36 KiB) Viewed 551 times

When i did it, i had no issues. I just copy the Asset Folder into the project folder (the main folder over the current asset folder) so then everything has the same dir. Only one that would not have textures is the hot air balloon as you set the met that you want as there are 3 different ones and one model.

You must not be doing it right.

Re: how to import charactors The Climb - Asset Pack

than i would say its not engine ready pack or only partial engine ready.

for those like me that dont know how to use character tool dont bother with the climb assets pack unless you dont care about the characters.

is there no way that a character could be pre-set so no need to use character tool, if not then im starting to doubt cry engine will ever become very popular to those who dont want to learn do every thing and simple build able games for non devs will always be out of reach.

might start playing with other engines because alot of the stuff that should be simple is far to complex
charterers are not assets, you have to do them through the character editor the proper way.

no what im looking for is simplicity, what is the point of having software that helps build a game if its just as hard to use as building it from scratch.

when a character is engine ready one should be able to copy it and use it in the engine instead of a bunch of bull shit thats useless like character tool.

i dont see the point in cryengine market place if all that you can get is models/meshes.

if it requires that much work to import a character, then mise well not buy them and pay some one to make/ import them for you.

also you must not have a clue to why i think this way, well idc i believe that there should be more software out there for building simple games, by simple i dont mean isometric with game maker, but like crysis 2/farcry 3 but obviously maybe a bit more generic.

is it a conspiracy among devs to stop this from ever being true, cause it seems like that there is alot of ppl interested in it.

engine ready means its compiled and setup to work on Cryengine, does not mean its a starter game. What your looking for is a starter game.

its this way as the pack does not include the code for the models. As i said, you looking for a Starter game.
https://www.cryengine.com/marketplace/a ... sample-5-4
Like the one above.

No game engine will have everything ready to place for you as then thats not a game engine. A Game engine gives you the tools to make a game, by making a game, you do the charecter's and animations, code and all.

Cryengine is a more higher level engine meaning you have to have some experience to use it. Your logic's mean that you are not looking for a game engine, but a game engine with full packs that you download for no cost and it has all the work there for you. No one does that as then its not truly yours as its just someone else's work.

Going on youtube and seeing tutorials will help instead of making judgements on something just coz it gives you free assets will help in understanding how the engine works.

This is the most simplistic way to design a game out there. There is no engine that you download and it has all the code, animations, textures, models, and all, as thats just impossible and too costly for the people creating it.