Cryengine Sync To

Hi Everyone, is there a way to sync materials from Maya To Cryengine and from Cryengine To May, similarly to the way 3ds max has it in the plugin settings?
I know there is the generate material files but that doesnt really tell me what it does.

Thanks

Re: Cryengine Sync To

Hey there,

The Generate Material button should generate a .MTL file that CRYENGINE uses to store the information relating to the shader, texture maps, and properties of the material used for your object.
You can learn more about the Maya Content Pipeline here: http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... ort+-+Maya
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Hey there,

The Generate Material button should generate a .MTL file that CRYENGINE uses to store the information relating to the shader, texture maps, and properties of the material used for your object.
You can learn more about the Maya Content Pipeline here: http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... ort+-+Maya
So how can I sync the materials from the engine to Maya and apply the correct one based on the ID/face? What would be the workflow for that?

What kind of Sync are you referring to?
You cannot sync materials from CRYENGINE into Maya as t here is no Maya Import functions for CRYENGINE materials or CGFs.

Currently you need to generate the materials every time you change something. You can save the export with the generated materials directly in your assets folder so that Sandbox can pick up on them automatically. Changes to the materials once loaded will not be noticed though so you may have to force Sandbox to reload the material by simply deleting the old one before generating the new materials.

ID/Multi material assignment is handled by the exporter and should be automatically applied to your object correctly.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin