Is there any way for extract .dds files without crytiff files?

As in title - I delete my crytiff files and all I have is .dds files. I need convert them to tga or other "regular" format, but even with latest Nvidia plugin for PS I was unable to do it. MY PS can't open any dds file from my CryEngine project. I try Star Citizen texture converter but in case of ddna normal maps he merge my glossiness alpha with rgb channels. So is there any way to extract data from this dds files?

Re: Is there any way for extract .dds files without crytiff files?

It depends on what type of texture.
As you say a tool that generically converts dds to another texture format needs to know which channels go where. I do not know of a tool that does this specifically for CRYENGINE and the setup of the texture maps we use.

You would probably need to use a generic dds to [other] texture format converter and move the channels around yourself in a different program like Photoshop for example.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: Is there any way for extract .dds files without crytiff files?

DDS is a Direct Draw Surface file and is used directly with the graphics pipeline. There should be no issue opening standard .dds files.
However, LOD style dds (dds.0/dds.1 ...) are custom afaik and will require rebuilding the dds header using the highest LOD.

Unless the assets have been protected, there should be no issue opening plain Non-LOD dds files from CRYENGINE in any version.

What files are you trying to open? Did you create them yourself?
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin