Cryengine

In the past, before Crysis 3, there were properly working tools in Cryengine. They were connections among them(was not too many but at least there were. by connection, i mean: flow graph can get track view events, that's a connection).
After a time, since Cryengine 3.5 has been released, tons of bugs started to rain. I think, after Crysis 2, developers got a damage and Cryengine became something like how it is now. Is that true?
If we take a look at Cryengine versions, we'll see that, starting 3.5 version, material editor, flow graph, facial editor, mannequin editor, trackview editor(note: none of them under incomplete mark like Schematyc) have got too many problems, somethings are not able to work.
As for why i post this, instead of bringing something new, you can work on fixing the issues. Maybe you've got small team but, increasing amount of work in terms of bringing new editor won't give any benefit except wasting your all day by debugging.

Do something like you did recently. Despite it's hard to do, bring series of bug fixes for each editor as possible.
Each of what i mentioned above(the editors), have got many bugs and connection problems.
Try to make your code clean. Let us control important parameters of an editor in another editor. For example, do proper system for editing material parameters in flow graph editor. What you're currently giving us has got some problems and is complex to use.

Re: Cryengine

Hey there, thank you for your feedback.

We bug test daily with a specialized QA team, we do try to find as many bugs as possible, having an in-house game team also helps with this, though we may not catch everything the community can find.
If you have a specific bug that we are not aware of on our GitHub issue tracker it would be great if you could let us know what you have found. Which issues are you facing?

Thanks
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Usually i see many bugs in different areas. But especially in editors which are for making easier editing ".xml" files but they don't. For example, Mannequin editor, transitions panel does not work properly.
Character editor,(In old version, i'm using 5.3) adding particle as animation event was not possible for old particles. It only allows new system typed file(".pfx" it should be i think).
And plus, material editor has got many sections are not working properly too. And many more.
This complaining is only for increasing quality of development. Nothing more than it....

There is nothing wrong with voicing your concerns and telling us the issues you are facing, it is something we encourage to help make CRYENGINE a smooth experience for everyone.

It is much easier for us to know specific issues, so we can test this internally and assign the appropriate teams to fix the problems. For this we highly appreciate "Reproduce Steps", simple examples of how to reproduce the problem with assets provided by the engine such as the GameSDK assets.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin