Crysis Modding

Before I begin let me first introduce myself.
My name is Dxslayer and the last time I logged into my old account was years ago (10/02/13 according to my old profile). I was involved in the modding community back when the url was "crymod.com". I had some work for the first Crysis like my Muzzleflash shadows mod, African Characters, Custom weapon crates and Custom Skins. Anyway I'm not here to show off, but I would like to know if people still even make Mods for a game that's over 10 years old. I'm very familiar with the Sandbox 2 that Crytek provided from the first Crysis and I'm interesting in coming back to the community. I also did some modding for Crysis 2 but I never announced anything.

Now my questions are, do people still make mods for Crysis 1 or 2? What happened to the community downloads? I remember they moved the database when the url changed and then the downloads link was on the bottom of the page. The last thing I want to do is to create mods for Crysis 1 & 2 only for it be wasted effort.

Thank you for your time in reading this and answering my questions.
- Dxslayer

Re: Crysis Modding

Hi dxslayer
fwiw - I am working on a level project I had abandoned in 2010 using cryengine 2 - viewtopic.php?f=43&t=9082
I think we could make millions recreating FarCry in Cryengine 2 the way it should have been done :) and I think a good mod for crysis 1 would always find friends but I might be wrong (will find out myself end of this year ...)

Anyways, welcome back
roadie

Re: Crysis Modding

The community downloads was removed a long time ago. They announced that back in the days. People now are more focused on developing games rather than modding them.

Besides i'd prefer to use CE5 over CE2 anyday :)

Think i remember you from the CryMOD days.