Re: nothing seems to work for a new guy

When copying assets from other marketplace packs or samples, you may want to try deleting the existing .cryasset files entirely, then right-clicking on your projects' .cryproject file and choose "Generate/Repair metadata". (You can also do this inside the Sandbox editor, in the Asset Browser, File->Generate/Repair metadata).

If this still doesn't work, you may need to check that you have the textures in the right locations for the materials that reference them. You may see errors in the console relating to missing textures in relation to the material you are trying to load. Aside from this, opening the Material Editor (Legacy) and looking over at the texture maps section, make sure the file path to each texture map exists.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

It's hard to say as you have not mentioned which method fixed your issue ;).

If you fixed it by generating new cryasset files, then this you may need to do regardless. It is better to not copy the cryasset files to your own directory, and only copy the actual source/data files. This way Sandbox should generate the cryasset files automatically for you when it detects the new files.

If you fixed it by re-assigning the texture path to the material, this would seem like the structure you copied to files changed, so try to keep the same directory structure.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

To be honest, I havent fixed it yet. I was a little miffed the process is time consuming to even get started. I am having a lot of trouble with the entire process. Ive downloaded it probably 100 times and just cant get the assets to install correctly off the base product. I will get to it but by the time i do, ill have to relearn everything again im sure. I just cant dedicate the time to it that it apparently needs to even get the program to work properly.