So from CryEngine 5.5, there is no longer Pay-What-You-Want model?

I just log in and see the changes in the EULA. So CryEngine 5.5 there is no longer Pay-What-You-Want model?
It also mention that if the user won't register his game (and only one game allowed) before June 30, 2018 & using CryEngine version 5.4 (or before), then the Pay-What-You-Want don't apply for the user.
Fun fact: the word "No obligation" is vanished from the home page of CryEngine now :) Now it's 5% Royalty - Your first 5K € / $ of annual revenue per project is royalty free.

So what do you think? :) I think it's pretty fair, but I still miss the "No obligation".
Small tips
How to add an image to a forum post
[C++] How to smoothly turn your character

Re: So from CryEngine 5.5, there is no longer Pay-What-You-Want model?

I think it's a fair deal - much better that subscriptions etc. I'm moving my project over to cryengine since the gamesdk is an invaluable learning resource for fps games. I think this model is better for them since they could actually make something in return - I mean, who actually donates? I bet not many people because people in this industry are cheap as hell - just like that guy complaining about the 0% to 5% is expensive. Really? Build an engine yourself and then ask whether 5% is expensive. Also, you only really pay when you are successful, so I don't see the problem - and then there are custom licenses as well.

Re: So from CryEngine 5.5, there is no longer Pay-What-You-Want model?

OutOfShadow wrote:I think it's a fair deal - much better that subscriptions etc. I'm moving my project over to cryengine since the gamesdk is an invaluable learning resource for fps games. I think this model is better for them since they could actually make something in return - I mean, who actually donates? I bet not many people because people in this industry are cheap as hell - just like that guy complaining about the 0% to 5% is expensive. Really? Build an engine yourself and then ask whether 5% is expensive. Also, you only really pay when you are successful, so I don't see the problem - and then there are custom licenses as well.

i agree, subscribsion is always horrible especialy for people who wish to just learn but as a hobby without any income profit until they can really do something. 5% is fair if you start to earn as you never could make advanced engine yourself without army of coders. We live in very interesting times.