Third Person Camera enable through .xml or other text configuration?

Hello guys,
I am not programmer and I know nothing about coding, I just wish somebody can give me a tip how to enable 3rd person camera in the game on CryEngine (all game assets are opened).
Is there any way to do it through xml, lua script or something?

For example there is an xml which is called DefaultProfile, and it contains a line <action name="thirdperson" onPress="1" noModifiers="1" keyboard="f1" /> under <actionmap name="debug" version="22">.

Does somebody knows how do I make it work? To actually enable 3rd person camera in game?

Please kindly advice!

Re: Third Person Camera enable through .xml or other text configuration?

Hi there,

Are you using the GameSDK Sample project?
In this case you can press the F1 key to switch the camera between third person and first person whilst in-game in the launcher or in-game in the Sandbox editor.

The templates have fixed cameras so if you want to have third person you should choose the third person shooter template to begin with.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Cry-Flare wrote:Hi there,

Are you using the GameSDK Sample project?
In this case you can press the F1 key to switch the camera between third person and first person whilst in-game in the launcher or in-game in the Sandbox editor.

The templates have fixed cameras so if you want to have third person you should choose the third person shooter template to begin with.

Hi, no, it's not a sample project, it's an actual game - Kingdom Come Deliverance.
F1 doesn't work in the game, like it was for Crysis executed with -devmode parameter.

But somehow, it is possible to switch camera to third person, one guy made it (but never released the mod and doesn't share the way he did it):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4rRM5LAdAs

Other guy wrote the lua script for Cheat Engine which unlocks restricted (by devs) cvars, like "fly", but camera commands still do not work.

So, I am looking for the way to enable commands like:
g_tpview_enable
g_tpview_control
goc_enable
goc_targetx
goc_targetz
goc_targety

Or other way to enable camera control...

lavizh wrote:Im sure Warhorse disabled console variables they didn't need. F1 is easily removed from the default profile.

Perhaps you can ask them on the official KCD forum? Perhaps they can offer a solution.

F1 was not removed from default profile, it is still there and it is not commented out, but it doesn't work..
As for KCD forum, the devs team doesn't have any real communication with users, so there is no point I'm afraid