Terrain Size Problem

Hello everyone,

i'm trying to generate/create a small terrain and when i set the terrain the the lowest dynamiter/size and i press generate it comes out with the biggest map possible. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Regards,

OliverZouch

Re: Terrain Size Problem

Yes but just to let you know i am quite new to the engine :) tried doing somethings it still doesn't work :( and when i try to generate terrain no-matter what i put in the options when i press generate it just becomes a massive spike like MASSIVE no matter what the settings are on. Also i was wondering if i create something on blender on a different computer (mac) as i travel a-lot and my mac is portable could i move the thing i created on blender from the mac to my pc on cryengine?

Warm Regards,

OliverZouch

Is it just the height that's enormous? Not the area?

In that case, after generating terrain, click "Reduce range (heavy)" a few times in the terrain editor -> edit menu.

Or, before generating terrain, "set terrain max height" to a much lower height, maybe 100, also in the same menu.

The maximum size for standard terrain is indeed 4km square. Early CE3 versions did allow terrain up to 64 km. I believe you can use earlier versions of the free SDK to make larger terrain areas and then import them into the current free SDK.

For very large terrains, probably the only option is to build it from multiple brushes (the maximum size for each brush is around 5 km). I routinely use maps more than 100 km across and these are built from brushes.
My spec:i7 8700k.gtx1080ti,16gb ram.
Regards Jones.

The maximum size for standard terrain is indeed 4km square. Early CE3 versions did allow terrain up to 64 km. I believe you can use earlier versions of the free SDK to make larger terrain areas and then import them into the current free SDK.

For very large terrains, probably the only option is to build it from multiple brushes (the maximum size for each brush is around 5 km). I routinely use maps more than 100 km across and these are built from brushes.
Do you use the brushes just for a visual background? or are the brushes playable areas? with physics? I wasn't aware that cryengine could function properly with terrain like that.