Re: reset camera to player after using "camera:view" flowgraph node

Is there a way to reset the camera to the default location after changing it via the "camera;view" node? Tired disabling it, and unassigning the entity. Assigning localplayer to camera:view doesn't put the camera back to the whatever bone it's assigned to in C++.
i will have to dig through my many graphs i believe i have a solution to your issue with with disabling the camera or just switching camera in a different way
https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfs3li9TG0h4oDak2

Since the FlowGraph nodes mentioned here are originally designed for the ViewSystem that GameSDK uses, and legacy entities in general, it is not compatible with the new Schematyc components right now which the First Person Template character uses.

You may need to hold on for 5.5 for better Schematyc camera management. It will be possible (easier rather, since it is already possible), to create FlowGraph nodes to switch between various Schematyc cameras.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Since the FlowGraph nodes mentioned here are originally designed for the ViewSystem that GameSDK uses, and legacy entities in general, it is not compatible with the new Schematyc components right now which the First Person Template character uses.

You may need to hold on for 5.5 for better Schematyc camera management. It will be possible (easier rather, since it is already possible), to create FlowGraph nodes to switch between various Schematyc cameras.

yes how ever you can still use it in a blank template or FPS template with out the game sdk.

people want solutions now not later and as much as i have heard about the upcoming Schematyc 2.0 its over complicated and wont help not programmers the same ways as the FlowGraph did if my understanding is correct.

I understand what you are saying and appreciate your feedback, but please stay on topic.

Regarding the issue, there is no non-programmer friendly way to solve this issue when mixing Flowgraph camera nodes and Schematyc camera components.
If you want full functionality right now without programming knowledge you should use the GameSDK.

If you want to discuss more about Schematyc and/or Flowgraph in general that would be great, but please do so in your own or purposeful thread.
Thanks.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

If you use the Flowgraph you posted with the First Person Template for 5.4, you will notice the cameras are created, rather than using the camera components themselves.
This means for example, when switching back to the player the camera is spawned at the player entity origin, which is on the floor.
Uniflare

My personal belongings;

If you use the Flowgraph you posted with the First Person Template for 5.4, you will notice the cameras are created, rather than using the camera components themselves.
This means for example, when switching back to the player the camera is spawned at the player entity origin, which is on the floor.

as long as he is using the First person template like he said he was, then when you switch back to the player camera it does not got to the floor and shows the characters local player camera and can move the character again does not drop to floor or act funny

if that was true about it creating another camera and not controlling them then when you switched back to local player camera it would not be able to move as it would not be connected to player camera movement controls, resulting in not being able to move the so called created camera that you claim is only created.

the camera:view node is linked to one local player camera and the Default graph Entity assigned to the one camera:view node is an Component:Camera Entity

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0PUVSEqR64imCSN92

my bad i forgot i have a few parts of the Game sdk in the FPS template i was using
not sure why it works with Gamesdk and local player and not with out it

is the FPS templates camera name for local player named differently than the Game sdk in the sdk it is #Camera or Camera# id have to ask the other team member in charge of that on our project.

as long as he is using the First person template like he said he was, then when you switch back to the player camera it does not got to the floor and shows the characters local player camera and can move the character again does not drop to floor or act funny

if that was true about it creating another camera and not controlling them then when you switched back to local player camera it would not be able to move as it would not be connected to player camera movement controls, resulting in not being able to move the so called created camera that you claim is only created.

the camera:view node is linked to one local player camera and the Default graph Entity assigned to the one camera:view node is an Component:Camera Entity

https://photos.app.goo.gl/0PUVSEqR64imCSN92