Re: CRYENGINE 5.4 Feedback Thread (Major Release)

[Cryengine] - Problem with GGX filter type
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4 build 164
Cryengine have problem with ggx, for some reason this line cm_ggxsamplecount not presented in rc.ini for environmentprobeHDR preset, as the result we have artifacts as you see on images below, with custom cubmaps it much worse. With standart cryengine sky, etc artifacts can be seen only on second reflections of reflection with hight light sources on them. This line help with problem..

Standart Sky
CustomHDRI

Title: [SANDBOX] - Animation of Ryse's elephant can't be assigned in Mannequin Editor
    Version Number: 5.4.0 build 164
- Mannequin Editor fails to show the animation of Ryse's elephant. This could be a bug. Check this article for more details. (At first I thought it was my fault so I post that thread to seek help, but now I suspect it's the Engine fault - but there is a chance it could be my fault though)
- Exact steps to reproduce the error: Setup Ryse's elephant as the playable/animated character, you should be stuck at Mannequin Editor.
Small tips
How to add an image to a forum post
[C++] How to smoothly turn your character

Title: [SANDBOX] - Memory leak in Sandbox Blend space
- There is possible memory leak in sandbox Blend space, I've created Github issue here.
- Exact steps to reproduce the error: Please see this video
- Also Note that: if I exit the sandbox when the memory leak consume about 2.9 GB, the sandbox crash (exit but the Sandbox as background crashes)
Small tips

Title: [SANDBOX] - Crash Sandbox Blend space when set Min = Max for Travel Angle
- I know it's not important, but it would be nice if there is a dialog popup instead of crashing, I've created Github issue here.
- Exact steps to reproduce the error:
1. Open Blend Space.
2. Set Min = Max = -3.14 for Travel Angle Image
Small tips

Title: Help lines written for components in C++ for the editor sometimes does not show up when mouse hovers on them.

Build: Profile
Version Number: 5.4.0

Both the already existing components and the ones written by users include one line help sentences that are supposed to pop up when mouse hovers above them to help people understand what these options done. This is always not the case. Some of them appear as expected some of them don't.
For example some helping descriptions written in "desc.SetDescription" and "desc.AddMember" does not show up on mouse hover. It is totally random which ones do and which ones don't.

WeaponComponent.cpp

Code: Select all

[code]
#include "StdAfx.h"
#include "WeaponComponent.h"
#include <CrySchematyc/Env/IEnvRegistrar.h>
#include <CrySchematyc/Env/Elements/EnvComponent.h>

///You must register your component first
static void RegisterMuhWayponComponent(Schematyc::IEnvRegistrar& registrar)
{
Schematyc::CEnvRegistrationScope scope = registrar.Scope(IEntity::GetEntityScopeGUID());
{
Schematyc::CEnvRegistrationScope componentScope = scope.Register(SCHEMATYC_MAKE_ENV_COMPONENT(CWeaponComponent));
}

}

CRY_STATIC_AUTO_REGISTER_FUNCTION(&RegisterMuhWayponComponent);

void CWeaponComponent::Initialize()
{
}

uint64 CWeaponComponent::GetEventMask() const
{
///EventMasks' must be registeredto be effective. Their types (timer,collision etc) must be described here
/// Start with the game and keep updating
return BIT64(ENTITY_EVENT_START_GAME) | BIT64(ENTITY_EVENT_UPDATE);

}

void CWeaponComponent::ProcessEvent(SEntityEvent & Event)
{
}

void CWeaponComponent::ReflectType(Schematyc::CTypeDesc<CWeaponComponent>& desc)
{
desc.SetGUID("{10FCE876-2D76-4084-BBD4-FBBBAD562791}"_cry_guid);
////Place and decriptions in Editor
desc.SetEditorCategory("Tutorial Component");
desc.SetLabel("Weapon Component");
desc.SetDescription("This is a tutorial weapon component desu");
////Basic behavior as an Component. You can move it around, put it into "sockets" and attach it
desc.SetComponentFlags({ IEntityComponent::EFlags::Transform, IEntityComponent::EFlags::Socket, IEntityComponent::EFlags::Attach });

desc.AddMember(&CWeaponComponent::sWeaponProps,'swp', "Weapon Properties", "Weapon Properties", "", SWeaponProperties());

}

void ReflectType(Schematyc::CTypeDesc<SWeaponProperties>& desc)
{
desc.SetGUID("{5C573F40-73B7-4F2D-8352-ED1FA32D27B0}"_cry_guid);
desc.SetLabel("Weapon Properties");
desc.SetDescription("Very Adjustable Values");
desc.AddMember(&SWeaponProperties::iRecoil, 'irec', "Recoil", "Recoil Amount", "Recoil amount of the weapon", 0);
desc.AddMember(&SWeaponProperties::iReloadSpeed, 'irel', "Reload", "Reload Speed", "Reload speed of the weapon", 0);
desc.AddMember(&SWeaponProperties::sGeom, 'sgeo', "Geomoetry", "Geometry File", "Please chose a cgf file", "");

}

void CWeaponComponent::StartFire()
{
}

void CWeaponComponent::StopFire()
{
}

void CWeaponComponent::Reload()
{
}[/code]