Rigidbody Component Useless

So just found this out by myself "through the hard way" (20 min of trying out)

https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/issues/283

Shortly; Rigidbody Component is nothing but a "key changer" in engine. Nothing has changed for the Asset preparation: You still have to provide Physic Proxy through a 3rd part modelling program.
What is the point of having a Rigidbody Component if you have to provide a Rigidbody model in a modelling software separately yourself ?
Well played... very well played surely...

Re: Rigidbody Component Useless

Hello,
thank you for your feedback regarding the rigid-body component. We already improved the component for 5.5 and added default meshes with physic proxies to the engine assets. Let me try to explain the concept behind the rigid-body component and the physics proxies a little bit more. The purpose of rigid-body component is to enable the physics and to edit and manipulate certain settings of that entity. At the end the rigid-body component is just responsible for physicalizing the entity and add it to the physics system. But without a physics proxy connected to that entity the physics system can't simulated it, since it doesn't know what this entity looks like. There are multiple ways of adding a physic proxy to an entity. The first way and probably the most common, is to import the mesh and add the proxies while importing (there is also a auto-generate option in the import tool). The other way would be to add extra colliders to the entity, there are several ones too choose from like the box collider, capsule collider or sphere collider. A more detailed tutorial on how to use the rigid-body and the collider components, can be found here.
Cheers,
Alex

Re: Rigidbody Component Useless

Hello,
thank you for your feedback regarding the rigid-body component. We already improved the component for 5.5 and added default meshes with physic proxies to the engine assets. Let me try to explain the concept behind the rigid-body component and the physics proxies a little bit more. The purpose of rigid-body component is to enable the physics and to edit and manipulate certain settings of that entity. At the end the rigid-body component is just responsible for physicalizing the entity and add it to the physics system. But without a physics proxy connected to that entity the physics system can't simulated it, since it doesn't know what this entity looks like. There are multiple ways of adding a physic proxy to an entity. The first way and probably the most common, is to import the mesh and add the proxies while importing (there is also a auto-generate option in the import tool). The other way would be to add extra colliders to the entity, there are several ones too choose from like the box collider, capsule collider or sphere collider. A more detailed tutorial on how to use the rigid-body and the collider components, can be found here.
Cheers,
Alex
Thank you for the answer.
How to say it, you normally expect a straightforward, intuitional workflow. Such as "OK, I got the mesh in. Now I can add some approximation of it's physics via a component" . It just surprises the users and wastes time. For example Lumberyard has this approach (and UE4 too if I am not wrong)

Well thanks again.