Render Assets like in Marmoset?

Hey!

Can i use CryEngine to Render my Assets like in Marmoset Toolbag?

I think for this purpose we need:

1. A HDRI Background to make our PBR Asset shiny!
2. HighQuality Settings for the Camera and are there Post Process Options available? (Depth Of Field, AO Intensity, Vignette....)
3. The possibility to rotate the HDRI Background
4. To render the Asset without a Background (Asset with transparent background but with HDRI Lightning and post process options active)

Can i make this in CryEngine?
I know that its pretty easy in Unreal, but i never made this in Cry.

Thank you,
Gazu
Last edited by GazuOne on Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Render Assets in like Marmoset?

Yes you can..

1 you can use an environment probe and tweak the settings to suit.
2 See cvar list and find the ones you need to improve on shadows and other things. + yes there is extra settings in either trackview or time of day.
3 yes but the reflections will need sorting.
4 just render inside a cylinder or room then add in lights and other elements to get the results you want.

Oh!
Ok so the classical way.

I know in Unreal there is this "Advanced Lightning Map" where everything is setted up. You just need to import your HDRIs.
Ok thank you for this one!

But wait, whats with the Transparency, Can i make a render with transparent Background or with a Mask of the Asset so i can delete the background manually in Photoshop ?

GazuOne wrote:Oh!
whats with the Transparency, Can i make a render with transparent Background or with a Mask of the Asset so i can delete the background manually in Photoshop ?

Dont know exacly, but i think no, cryengine dont have ability to make screenshots with Gbuffer passes or custom depth mask like ue4, if you want compose them later in AE, etc...

Re: Render Assets like in Marmoset?

You can use a Green Screen method, although post processing in an external image application would be necessary to perfect the image.
The idea is to use a plane or box (any object) and set the material to a pure green texture using the "ReferenceImage" shader to fill the background.

For example;

Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin