Scene import

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if this is possible to do, it would speed everything up alot if it did.
I have current created a large scene in max and want to export it out and import it to cry.
At the moment am thinking of just exporting each object out into individual pieces then add to level this way in the long run the assets can be used in other places.
Then try to place them into a level in the editor to make it look like the scene in max would take ages.
Is there a way to export model that has all the root dummys of every model so then i just align the model to that helper in cry or is there another way to align a object to a certain location.

Also is there a way of aligning a object like in 3d max which aligns x,y,z co-ords

Re: Scene import

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if this is possible to do, it would speed everything up alot if it did.
I have current created a large scene in max and want to export it out and import it to cry.
At the moment am thinking of just exporting each object out into individual pieces then add to level this way in the long run the assets can be used in other places.
Then try to place them into a level in the editor to make it look like the scene in max would take ages.
Is there a way to export model that has all the root dummys of every model so then i just align the model to that helper in cry or is there another way to align a object to a certain location.

Also is there a way of aligning a object like in 3d max which aligns x,y,z co-ords
hey creating, you can import the scene only if the overall polygons count is under 10000 if you want to have only one pivot you need to merge all your object in studio max

Thanks for a response ik-interactive

I know i can do that but i was wondering if i exported something out that had all the pivot points of all the objects of the scene in max that i could align individual objects in cry.
A bit like the entity link thing but align object to that pivot point selected.

Thanks for a response ik-interactive

I know i can do that but i was wondering if i exported something out that had all the pivot points of all the objects of the scene in max that i could align individual objects in cry.
A bit like the entity link thing but align object to that pivot point selected.
mmm if i understand right you would like to have all the pivot that you have in max scene in cryengine but exporting only one mesh? if you looking for this, is not possible