Re: How do I change the project name?

As a warning - If you're using the launcher, don't change name by "Edit Project" without changing the folder name the project is in on disk. Otherwise you wont be able to use the launcher for that project until the folder and the project name in launcher match. Bit wierd imo.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Technical Community Manager
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin

Re: How do I change the project name?

You can change the name of the C# project by opening the SampleApp.cryproject (for the blank template) or Game.cryproject (for the Rolling Ball template) in a text-editor like Notepad or Notepad++. Inside that file you can change the value of "name" which by default looks like this:

Code: Select all

"info": { "name": "CE# Framework - Sample App" },
That way you can change the name of your game to whatever you want.
For example:

Code: Select all

"info": { "name": "This is not the best game in the world. This is just a tribute." },
As a warning - If you're using the launcher, don't change name by "Edit Project" without changing the folder name the project is in on disk. Otherwise you wont be able to use the launcher for that project until the folder and the project name in launcher match. Bit wierd imo.
I just checked this (because I made a typo when I created the projects) and Edit Project does seem to work for me. The only problem I have now is that my folder still has the typo, but that can be fixed by removing the project and importing it again.