Can't download ver 5.4 engine.

I installed Cryengine Launcher and wanted to download the 5.4 engine from the launcher, the download size is exactly 1.0Gb, when the download finished, I got Error Message, it says something like this "Failed to downloading a file...", Tried multiple times and i keep getting the same error when i finished the download, even in other version. My PC has Ryzen 1600x and GTX 970, in case that matters.

What have I tried so far :
Reinstall Cryengine Launcher.
Delete the engine file from Cryengine Folder and redownload it.
Disabled my anti virus protection while downloading.

None of them work, please help me.

Re: Can't download ver 5.4 engine.

Vincentjonathan99 wrote:I installed Cryengine Launcher and wanted to download the 5.4 engine from the launcher, the download size is exactly 1.0Gb, when the download finished, I got Error Message, it says something like this "Failed to downloading a file...", Tried multiple times and i keep getting the same error when i finished the download, even in other version. My PC has Ryzen 1600x and GTX 970, in case that matters.

Hi! Have you tried getting the Launcher off of Github? Also would you like me to send you the CE 5.4 engine files?

kylehewson47 wrote:
Vincentjonathan99 wrote:I installed Cryengine Launcher and wanted to download the 5.4 engine from the launcher, the download size is exactly 1.0Gb, when the download finished, I got Error Message, it says something like this "Failed to downloading a file...", Tried multiple times and i keep getting the same error when i finished the download, even in other version. My PC has Ryzen 1600x and GTX 970, in case that matters.

Hi! Have you tried getting the Launcher off of Github? Also would you like me to send you the CE 5.4 engine files?

I downloaded it from here : https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases , downloaded both .tar and without tar, but i'm not sure how to install it, do i just copy the file, or what? Mind tell me how to install it please, thanks.

Vincentjonathan99 wrote:
kylehewson47 wrote:

I downloaded it from here : https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/releases , downloaded both .tar and without tar, but i'm not sure how to install it, do i just copy the file, or what? Mind tell me how to install it please, thanks.

Do you have the Cryengine launcher? If so then just download it from there and if you don't have the launcher then you can download it here: http://gs.crytek.com/cryengine_launcher/ce-launcher.exe
Also .tar files are associated with WinRAR or a compressed file type so if you have 7-zip or winRAR you should be able to open those files.

kylehewson47 wrote:
Vincentjonathan99 wrote:
kylehewson47 wrote:Hi! Have you tried getting the Launcher off of Github? Also would you like me to send you the CE 5.4 engine files?

Do you have the Cryengine launcher? If so then just download it from there and if you don't have the launcher then you can download it here: http://gs.crytek.com/cryengine_launcher/ce-launcher.exe
Also .tar files are associated with WinRAR or a compressed file type so if you have 7-zip or winRAR you should be able to open those files.

That's my problem, i downloaded the engine from the launcher (Cryengine asks me to download the engine file when i'm trying to create new project), but i got an error when the download is finished.

Vincentjonathan99 wrote:
kylehewson47 wrote:
Vincentjonathan99 wrote:

That's my problem, i downloaded the engine from the launcher (Cryengine asks me to download the engine file when i'm trying to create new project), but i got an error when the download is finished.

Hmm... Thats weird for sure. Is your internet slow? Because the same happened when i would have interuptions when downloading it.

kylehewson47 wrote:
Vincentjonathan99 wrote:
kylehewson47 wrote:Do you have the Cryengine launcher? If so then just download it from there and if you don't have the launcher then you can download it here: http://gs.crytek.com/cryengine_launcher/ce-launcher.exe

Hmm... Thats weird for sure. Is your internet slow? Because the same happened when i would have interuptions when downloading it.

I'm from Indonesia, my download speed is 1MBps, it's considered as fast here, and it's pretty stable. Something weird also happened when i paused the download. I once downloaded about 800mb/1gb, i paused it and resume it again, the download progress goes back to 615mb/1gb, and when i did the same thing again, it goes back to 615mb/1gb again.

Vincentjonathan99 wrote:
kylehewson47 wrote:
Vincentjonathan99 wrote:

I'm from Indonesia, my download speed is 1MBps, it's considered as fast here, and it's pretty stable. Something weird also happened when i paused the download. I once downloaded about 800mb/1gb, i paused it and resume it again, the download progress goes back to 615mb/1gb, and when i did the same thing again, it goes back to 615mb/1gb again.

Thats fairly odd, have you tried to talk to a dev or a moderator?

Hello, this could happend in case you don't have enough disk space, could you try to change the location where the Engines are installed to a bigger disk ?,i also recommend to put in the root of your hard-disk, for example `D:\CEDownload\` , there are assets that can have very long names, and windows has a limitation in terms of path length ,

Please also take a look into this http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CEMAN ... leshooting