Get keyboard pressed Schematyc

I am trying to register keyboard events in Schematyc but i cant make it work so far. What I'm trying to do now is on key pressed write a text on DebugText so i will know what I'm pressing. This is what I have so far

Last edited by lum-x on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Get keyboard pressed Schematyc

lum-x wrote:I am trying to register keyboard events in Schematyc but i cant make it work so far. What I'm trying to do now is on key pressed write a text on DebugText so i will know what I'm pressing. This is what I have so far

Look at LightenUp Schematyc examples on the Marketplace. Should be a setup there. Also there are Schematyc examples on the CE Youtube channel.

I am still missing something that I cant figure out. I am registering the Keyboard input Key D in ConstructionGraph then i add an On Action Pressed in Signal Graph but still cant get any keyboard input.

I am just not sure what I am missing :/ .

All i want to do is get the input from the keyboard then turn on and off a point light. Once i figure that out I wanna try and implement a character that will move to the point i click on map (like a strategy character ). I am not sure how to do that without knowing how to work with input :/

Hi there lum-x,

CRYENGINE staff are unable to view images from dropbox, perhaps you could upload them elsewhere?
The method explained by quasarwei should work, make sure you register your actions beforehand. you can register actions as quasarwei showed with Schematyc component Input, using the function RegisterKeyboardAction.

Let us know if you still have issues with this method.
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin