Re: CRYENGINE 5.4 (Major Release)

"failed to load material layer shader 'Ping' in material..." console log & class TagPoint not registered with engine
  • Platform: Windows 
    Build: 5.4 as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4.0, build 164
- error messages in log appear when I click on a terrain material in the material editor or change a setting for a submaterial. Sometimes changing a property for a terrain material doesn't update in the viewport and I have to reload the level.
- another separate minor error that I get is when I add a tagpoint to the level. Apparently it's not registered with the engine, because I get a message that says "[Warning] Entity creation failed, class TagPoint was not registered with the engine!"

EDIT:
I fixed the ping error. For some reason, the material layer was set to ping in one of my terrain material files, I just deleted the MaterialLayer block and it fixed all of the errors relating to ping.
I am getting another error regarding invalid surface types. I have a few brush objects and I get the following in the console when I first open up the level:
invalidsurfacetype.JPG
invalidsurfacetype.JPG (109.33 KiB) Viewed 2367 times
ping mat.JPG
ping mat.JPG (169.64 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
this showed up at startup of a level:
ping startup.JPG
ping startup.JPG (27.69 KiB) Viewed 2381 times

Re: CRYENGINE 5.4 Feedback Thread (Major Release)

Sorry about the back to back posts but I feel it's better to have separate posts on different issues, unless a mod says otherwise.

Platform: Windows 
Build: 5.4 as shipped
Version Number: 5.4.0, build 164

underlying material shows up in further LODs when integrating into terrain.
Attachments
terrainintegrationlod1.JPG
terrainintegrationlod1.JPG (116.87 KiB) Viewed 2278 times
terrainintegrationlod0.JPG
terrainintegrationlod0.JPG (214.41 KiB) Viewed 2278 times

[Cryengine] - Problem with GGX filter type
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4 build 164
Cryengine have problem with ggx, for some reason this line cm_ggxsamplecount not presented in rc.ini for environmentprobeHDR preset, as the result we have artifacts as you see on images below, with custom cubmaps it much worse. With standart cryengine sky, etc artifacts can be seen only on second reflections of reflection with hight light sources on them. This line help with problem..

Standart Sky
CustomHDRI

Title: [SANDBOX] - Animation of Ryse's elephant can't be assigned in Mannequin Editor
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: 5.4.0 build 164
- Mannequin Editor fails to show the animation of Ryse's elephant. This could be a bug. Check this article for more details. (At first I thought it was my fault so I post that thread to seek help, but now I suspect it's the Engine fault - but there is a chance it could be my fault though)
- Exact steps to reproduce the error: Setup Ryse's elephant as the playable/animated character, you should be stuck at Mannequin Editor.
Small tips
How to add an image to a forum post
[C++] How to smoothly turn your character