Material Editor Not showing some files

Hey,

When i search for the texture to add to the materials it is having some issues and not showing the folders as they should be.

For example,
Assets/Objects/165/textures/
although the textures folder is not showing up.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Note I just finish updating my game from 5.3 to 5.4.

Re: Material Editor Not showing some files

It's probably the .cryasset file not being generated by the engine, try re-generating metadata in the Asset Browser or by rightclicking on game.cryproject in the project folder. If you don't like using the new Asset Browser in 5.4 you can disable it by adding the following cvar to editor.cfg where you installed the engine (not the project folder).

Code: Select all

ed_enableAssetPickers = 0

lavizh wrote:It's probably the .cryasset file not being generated by the engine, try re-generating metadata in the Asset Browser or by rightclicking on game.cryproject in the project folder. If you don't like using the new Asset Browser in 5.4 you can disable it by adding the following cvar to editor.cfg where you installed the engine (not the project folder).

I did that and let it run, saved and rebooted the sandbox. But it still does not show the Texture folder inside 165.

Finchy101 wrote:
lavizh wrote:It's probably the .cryasset file not being generated by the engine, try re-generating metadata in the Asset Browser or by rightclicking on game.cryproject in the project folder. If you don't like using the new Asset Browser in 5.4 you can disable it by adding the following cvar to editor.cfg where you installed the engine (not the project folder).

I did that and let it run, saved and rebooted the sandbox. But it still does not show the Texture folder inside 165.

Have you tried importing them through the import function in the asset browser? Right-click in the asset browser, import, and select your files. a dialogue box should pop up near the top right corner showing the import progress. You can also import files by dragging them in to the asset browser from file explorer.

quasarwei wrote:
Finchy101 wrote:

Have you tried importing them through the import function in the asset browser? Right-click in the asset browser, import, and select your files. a dialogue box should pop up near the top right corner showing the import progress. You can also import files by dragging them in to the asset browser from file explorer.

it works, but the issue is there are 1,250 pictures as it wont let me do all at once,

Finchy101 wrote:
quasarwei wrote:
Finchy101 wrote:I did that and let it run, saved and rebooted the sandbox. But it still does not show the Texture folder inside 165.

it works, but the issue is there are 1,250 pictures as it wont let me do all at once,

Does shift-clicking them not work?, or dragging them in from file explorer? You should be able to import multiple textures as long as they're in the same folder.

quasarwei wrote:
Finchy101 wrote:
quasarwei wrote:

Does shift-clicking them not work?, or dragging them in from file explorer? You should be able to import multiple textures as long as they're in the same folder.

Dragging was the only way that worked, as when i clicked import it would crash the sandbox or not respond. Could be the amount of images/file size. But dragging got it work.

Just have the other sandbox frozen still, as i cant seem to get it to close.

Finchy101 wrote:Now the issue I am having is when I am importing the Jpg files, it imports a Jpeg, Cryasset, DDS, PNG and Tiff of every image. and by doing this it makes the file 5x larger than before.

Is there any reason for this? Can I remove any of them? Any suggestions?

Png files are for asset browser thumbnails. Jpg can be deleted. Tiff files are always kept on project backups. In the end when you package the build up you'll be left with dds and cryasset files. So no biggie.