[SOLVED]Editor Opening Console Commands Gone ?

Hello all.

I noticed that keyboard shortcuts for opening up editors such as Material Editor is no longer working. Upon closer inspection I noticed that keyboard shortcuts now require a console command and there are simply no console command I can look up to open up editors such as Schematyc.

I really miss that since M was a shortcut I really used to use.
Am I doing something wrong ? Can you please guide me a little ?

Thanks
Last edited by tan on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Editor Opening Console Commands Gone ?

lavizh wrote:Isnt there a keyboard shortcut set up in the menu?

The only thing I find is this:

From what I get I need to know which "command" does what and then I have to type it to Command section then I have to give it a name under Action section then of course I have to define the shortcut.
So question is: What is the Command ;say ; that opens op Schematyc editor ? Or Material editor ? Or any editor ?
I looked in the Docs about such thing in CVars but there is no such command.

I really miss these shortcuts they made thing so much easier. Especially now I have to close and open again Schamtyc Editor (because of a bug that I can not Ctrl+G when Schematyc Editor is open) I reaaly miss theese shortcuts.

Hope could clear up the problem.

Thanks.

cry-miron wrote:You can search for specific commands by typing keywords in the searchbar at the top there. If you type in material for example, it will show the Open Material Editor command with the default shortcut being alt + m. Same for schematyc, where the default shortcut is alt + s.

Searching in Keyboard Shortcuts there crashes the 5.4 editor for me.

lavizh wrote:Searching in Keyboard Shortcuts there crashes the 5.4 editor for me.

That's not good. I can't reproduce the crash here though. Are you searching for something specific? And which template is your project using? Is there an indication of why it crashes in the editor.log? If you want you can also post the issue on Github so it can be tracked.

cry-miron wrote:You can search for specific commands by typing keywords in the searchbar at the top there. If you type in material for example, it will show the Open Material Editor command with the default shortcut being alt + m. Same for schematyc, where the default shortcut is alt + s.

This is what I get with material in the console. It is 5.4. It is "Blank Template" with C++.

Neither Alt+m nor Alt+s does anything for me. Also I can not find anything about any editor in those command lines not just material editor.

If I am doing something wrong or stupid please forgive. I am a tad sleepy.

cry-miron wrote:The screenshot is a bit small, so I could be wrong but I think you're typing it in the console. I meant the searchbar in the Keyboard Shortcuts window that you had open earlier.
I've outlined it on your screenshot from earlier:
Searchbar.jpg

This should be it. Still got nothing and neither Alt+M nor Alt+S is still working.