Re: CRYENGINE 5.5 PREVIEW Collective Build Feedback Thread

It also has problem with template projects
I used CRYENGINE 5.5 PREVIEW 4.There was no such problem at all
Dunno, 5.4 had its own issues.

Templates have barely changed for quite a while, they're fairly out of date/broken (and have been for a year+....e.g. bad animations, no transitions, bugs etc.)

But overall they 'work'. Please specify what 'issues' they have and submit them to github or something.

I haven't had a game-breaking crash most of the time with templates :\

Hi,

I successfully build CE 5.5 preview 6 with VS2017 15.8.2 with added _DISABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE preprocessor definition to CMake CRYENGINE-MSVC.cmake file as changing:

Code: Select all

set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG "/MDd /Zi /Zo /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /RTC1 /GS /DDEBUG /D_DEBUG" CACHE STRING "C Flags" FORCE) set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG "/MDd /Zi /Zo /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /RTC1 /GS /DDEBUG /D_DEBUG" CACHE STRING "C++ Flags" FORCE)
to

Code: Select all

set(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG "/MDd /Zi /Zo /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /RTC1 /GS /DDEBUG /D_DEBUG /DBOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE /D_DISABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE" CACHE STRING "C Flags" FORCE) set(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG "/MDd /Zi /Zo /Od /Ob0 /Oy- /RTC1 /GS /DDEBUG /D_DEBUG /DBOOST_CONFIG_SUPPRESS_OUTDATED_MESSAGE /D_DISABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE" CACHE STRING "C++ Flags" FORCE)
but I have following issues:
cryengine_flowgraph_error.png
cryengine_flowgraph_error.png (8.75 KiB) Viewed 115 times
cryengine_cryphysics_error.png
cryengine_cryphysics_error.png (11.01 KiB) Viewed 115 times
that shadows are instanced in loop which leak performance and memory:
cryengine_shadowgen_minus_error.png
cryengine_shadowgen_minus_error.png (131.6 KiB) Viewed 115 times
there is strange things that Polys is minus and plus values in the loop and Shadow Gens Instances is incremented all the time

I am not sure if problem is because I use 15.8 compiler ? Or maybe wrong win SDK version ? Do you have such issues too ?

Hi,

I successfully build CE 5.5 preview 6 with VS2017 15.8.2 with added _DISABLE_EXTENDED_ALIGNED_STORAGE preprocessor definition to CMake CRYENGINE-MSVC.cmake file as changing:
We opted to enable this functionality rather than disable it.
We have this fixed internally and should make it for the next release :).

If you are interested, you can find the commit for 15.8 compatibility here:
https://github.com/CRYTEK/CRYENGINE/com ... 52e8328c19
Uniflare
CRYENGINE Community Coordinator
Here to help the community and social channels grow and thrive.

My personal belongings;
Beginner Guides | My GitHub | Splash Plugin