Re: CRYENGINE 5.5 PREVIEW Collective Build Feedback Thread

Title: Editor - UI
    Build: as shipped
    Version Number: build 98

Not a bug, just a user experience issue. If you have the properties window docked to the left, the 'add component' popup goes off screen most of the time. This isn't just an isolated issue though, I think it's pretty much anywhere that has a pop-up selection dialogue, as long as they're on the left border of the screen. I've commonly run into this in the schematyc editor, screenshot attached.

And an unrelated comment / suggestion, though it's still UI related. I do like the redesign except that closing tabs now take two clicks since the close button is gone. I would like to see the close button back, or maybe the ability to close tabs via middle-click. I do also like the new look of the material editor, although I wish it has the same functionality of the legacy editor now. I really liked that you could browse all your materials in the window - now you can't do that. I also miss the easily accessible tools - the eyedropper, 'get materials from selection', and 'assign materials to selection.'

Attachments if applicable:
Attachments
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (11).png (37.22 KiB) Viewed 1740 times
0412180208_r.jpg
0412180208_r.jpg (184.73 KiB) Viewed 1744 times

I have been getting issues importing cgf files. I have spent 2 days now.
[Error] Cannot initialize importer for E:/Game CryEngine/Assets/Objects/Remake/LOD's/ap1_lod_slod4.cgf: Unexpected file type
[Warning] Failed to load cgf: Objects............, '_lod' meshes can be loaded only internally as part of multi-lod CGF loading
The cgf is created with the cryengine 3ds exporter.

Also having screen issues, Image Image The one with the lighter section seems to be flashing for me but only when i look that way.

The following errors occur at engine startup before a level is opened:

My system configuration is :
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4960X CPU @ 3.60GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32706MB RAM
Page File: 8081MB used, 29609MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 12
Display Devices: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN (3)
Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

cryengine 5.5 preview build 98

[Warning] Cannot open Pak file c:\program files (x86)\crytek\cryengine launcher\crytek\cryengine_5.5\config.pak

[Warning] <ThreadConfigInfo>: (pc: 12 core) Unable to find platform config "pc_8". Next valid config found was pc_8.

NOT VF_WASINCONFIG Ignoring cvar 'sys_spec_Full' new value '2' old value '3' group ''

[Warning] Config file user.cfg not found!

3 Video adapters on the system engine only sees 2
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN (vendor = 0x10de, device = 0x1005)
<09:20:50> - Adapter index: 0
<09:20:50> - Dedicated video memory: 6036 MB
<09:20:50> - Feature level: D3D 11_0 (SM 5.0)
<09:20:50> - Displays connected: yes
<09:20:50> - Suitable rendering device: yes
<09:20:50> - Microsoft Basic Render Driver (vendor = 0x1414, device = 0x008c)
<09:20:50> - Adapter index: 1
<09:20:50> - Dedicated video memory: 0 MB
<09:20:50> - Feature level: D3D 11_1 (SM 5.x)
<09:20:50> - Displays connected: no
<09:20:50> - Suitable rendering device: no

<09:20:50> [Assert] Unknown eDependencySet value $HW_SM30 (Condition: 0)[line 200] [File=D:/jk/workspace/gamesdk_release/Code/CryEngine/RenderDll/XRenderD3D9/../Common/Shaders/ShaderParse.cpp]
<09:20:50> [Assert] Unknown eDependencyReset value $HW_SM30 (Condition: 0)[line 284] [File=D:/jk/workspace/gamesdk_release/Code/CryEngine/RenderDll/XRenderD3D9/../Common/Shaders/ShaderParse.cpp]

<09:20:51> Loading Module CrySchematyc.dll...
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::AddCommand(): console command [sc_SaveAllScriptFiles] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::RegisterString(const char*): variable [sc_RootFolder] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::Register(int): variable [sc_IgnorePAKFiles] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::Register(int): variable [sc_IgnoreUnderscoredFolders] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::Register(int): variable [sc_LogToFile] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::RegisterString(const char*): variable [sc_LogFileStreams] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::RegisterString(const char*): variable [sc_LogFileMessageTypes] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::Register(int): variable [sc_DisplayCriticalErrors] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::Register(int): variable [sc_RunUnitTests] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::RegisterString(const char*): variable [sc_ExperimentalFeatures] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::AddCommand(): console command [sc_CriticalError] is already registered
<09:20:51> [Error] [CVARS]: [DUPLICATE] CXConsole::AddCommand(): console command [sc_FatalError] is already registered

[Warning] XML reader: Can't open file (gamesdk/cryschematycsettings/log_settings.sc_settings)

[Warning] Texture does not exist [File=%engine%/engineassets/textures/rain/ripple/ripple#01_24_ddn.dds]

Current display mode is 3840x2160x32, (Unknown graphics card)

[Warning] No game rules active, can not precache resources
<09:20:59> [Warning] Traceback (most recent call last):
<09:20:59> [Warning] File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\Tools\sandbox\init.py", line 31, in <module>
<09:20:59> [Warning] crysandbox_startup.register_menus()
<09:20:59> [Warning] File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Crytek\CRYENGINE Launcher\Crytek\CRYENGINE_5.5\Tools\sandbox\startup\crysandbox_startup.py", line 12, in register_menus
<09:20:59> [Warning] from heatmap_leveldata_saver.heatmap_leveldata_saver import HeatmapLeveldataSaver
<09:20:59> [Warning] ImportError: No module named heatmap_leveldata_saver.heatmap_leveldata_saver

<09:20:59> [Warning] Unsupported texture extension '': '%engine%/engineassets/textures/rain/ripple/ripple1_ddntif' [File=%engine%/engineassets/textures/rain/ripple/ripple1_ddntif]
<09:20:59> [Warning] Texture does not exist [File=%engine%/engineassets/textures/rain/ripple/ripple#01_24_ddn.dds]

[Assert] Condition: !m_bDecompressedDecrypted [line 3118] [File=D:/jk/workspace/gamesdk_release/Code/CryEngine/CrySystem/CryPak.cpp]

Back diffuse lighting only works for sun light.

Build: Original builds by Crytek
Version Number: 5.5 Preview 2

The Back diffuse lighting of the vegetation shader only seems to support directional light. Image Back diffuse with sun light works as intended Image
Back diffuse with a projector light, no Sun light
Hello,

I've checked with two Empty Entities, one of them with a Projector Light component, and the other, a Point Light.
While indeed it seemed they did not have a strong effect, they did seem to have some when turning the Diffuse Multiplier way up.
Sunlight has a constant strength, while these light entities have a fall-off that may cause this issue.

You can see my setup here (the two entities are about .5m above the palm tree)
lights.png
lights.png (1.71 MiB) Viewed 1217 times
Can you produce a similar result by setting the Diffuse Multiplier to a high value?

In the process i found a new bug though.

cvar: r_GetScreenShot will drastically change colors
EDIT : Looking at both pictures in photoshop it becomes clear that r_GetScreenShot will mix up the red with the blue channel of image.

Build: Original builds by Crytek
Version Number: 5.5 Preview 3
Image screenshot taken with r_getscreenshot
Image screengrab of the Original image on display