Re: CRYENGINE 5.5 PREVIEW Collective Build Feedback Thread

No weight blending really looks different, if you put hardness to a minimum you'll see the result is almost the same as the video. Previously, the materials just lay on each other, now it looks like Vertex Blending

But splat maps, I also really want, in Lumberyard it was added a very long time ago
Im not so technical guy, but it seems that technique is not called weight blending.. you can read here about it.. And cryengine have this for ages.. you can read in docs about it.. .. http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... yer+Shader

No weight blending really looks different, if you put hardness to a minimum you'll see the result is almost the same as the video. Previously, the materials just lay on each other, now it looks like Vertex Blending

But splat maps, I also really want, in Lumberyard it was added a very long time ago
Im not so technical guy, but it seems that technique is not called weight blending.. you can read here about it.. And cryengine have this for ages.. you can read in docs about it.. .. http://docs.cryengine.com/display/SDKDO ... yer+Shader
Try to see the difference, the standard type of mixing just draws on the other material a different material, it is completely covered by mixing materials only at the edges. Weighted blending uses Heightmap as Opacitymap with Vertex Blending, that is, the material seems to use a mask.

Try to see the difference, the standard type of mixing just draws on the other material a different material, it is completely covered by mixing materials only at the edges. Weighted blending uses Heightmap as Opacitymap with Vertex Blending, that is, the material seems to use a mask.
Do you have some examples out of cryengine, because i dont have this effect.. i have old height blending effect... what really changed is they increase default tile resolution, so you paint more accurate from the start.. everything else is the same.. and i believe that you are little forget what do Hardness slider. Here is explanation from old docs. All this is for TerrainAlbedoHighpass workflow, for "new" use original diffuse color checkbox in material editor, i believe does not make any diference, but not tested..
The Hardness slider changes the strength of the brushes painting between texture and color. A lower value will only paint the detail texture, while a higher value will include color information and detail texture.

Keep in mind whether the Paint LayerID check box is enabled or not as this will determine if you are painting the detail texture or not. If you just want to paint the detail texture without the color information, then you would have a hardness of 0 and have Paint LayerID enabled. Alternatively if you just want to paint the color information without the detail texture, you would have a hardness of 1 and Paint LayerID disabled.

Do you have some examples out of cryengine, because i dont have this effect.. i have old height blending effect... what really changed is they increase default tile resolution, so you paint more accurate from the start.. everything else is the same.. and i believe that you are little forget what do Hardness slider. Here is explanation from old docs. All this is for TerrainAlbedoHighpass workflow, for "new" use original diffuse color checkbox in material editor, i believe does not make any diference, but not tested..
The Hardness slider changes the strength of the brushes painting between texture and color. A lower value will only paint the detail texture, while a higher value will include color information and detail texture.

Keep in mind whether the Paint LayerID check box is enabled or not as this will determine if you are painting the detail texture or not. If you just want to paint the detail texture without the color information, then you would have a hardness of 0 and have Paint LayerID enabled. Alternatively if you just want to paint the color information without the detail texture, you would have a hardness of 1 and Paint LayerID disabled.
Well, I do not know, this screenshot will not give you anything. As I see it, the old mix, just replaces one material with other material when you draw. Weighted blending puts a number of materials on top of each other when you start drawing. when you start drawing, if you draw intensively in one section, the material is completely replaced, if only a part of the material is exhibited quickly, only the part of the material appears Heightmap here plays the role of a mask. More dark areas show the material more strongly. Something like this
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/edDqSH/dfgdfgfdgf.png

Well, I do not know, this screenshot will not give you anything. As I see it, the old mix, just replaces one material with other material when you draw. Weighted blending puts a number of materials on top of each other when you start drawing. when you start drawing, if you draw intensively in one section, the material is completely replaced, if only a part of the material is exhibited quickly, only the part of the material appears Heightmap here plays the role of a mask. More dark areas show the material more strongly. Something like this
Do you use normal hight map from texture or more agressive like black and white mask only?

Do you use normal hight map from texture or more agressive like black and white mask only?

In the screenshot of the default materials, I just added colors to them that would be seen better

In the screenshot of the default materials, I just added colors to them that would be seen better
ok, i will try..
Twist the blending settings in the materials themselves, so that there are more rigid transitions
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/bVvvSH/SFSDFDFD.png
Yes, it works, try it, effect is cool, but need to test this out in 5.4, it does not have this really? because this blend settings it has from 3.5.. yeah, tested in 5.4, it has different blending effect..